Chapter 4

August 10, 1979, Destiny's New Apartment, Los Angeles, CA

Destiny Myers' POV

"So are you and Michael like a thing now", my friend Ashley asks me. Right now we're on the phone and I'm telling her about Michael and I. We have gone on a couple dates or friendly outings. I don't know what to call them. I have really started to like Michael a lot but I'm not going to tell him that. He probably doesn't like me anyway. Besides there are rumors going around that he is dating Tatum O'neal. I would ask him about it but rumors are called rumors for a reason right? "No Ashley, for the 10th time, Michael and I are just friends and it's going to stay that way", I say rolling my eyes. 

"Well you two are really cute together", she says. "Well apparently he doesn't see it". Just as Ashley is about to reply, I get another call coming in. "Ash I'll call you back, I got a beep on another line". "Okay bye", she says hanging up. As soon as I switch lines I hear someone say, "hey dessy wessy". That's Michael's new nickname for me and it makes me smile every time he says it. "Hey Mikey", I say blushing. I'm glad he can't see me. "What are you doing tonight", he asks. "Nothing, probably just gonna curl up on the couch with a good book. Why?". "Well as you probably know, 'Off The Wall' got released today-". "Oh yeah congrats on that", I say. "Thanks. Since you created that great outfit for 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough', I was wondering if you wanted to come to the Album release party tonight?".  I accept the offer and he gives me the address, which I write down. "Alright well see you tonight Dessy Wessy". "Alright Mikey". We then hang up and I go pick out my outfit. Tonight is going to be great, I can tell.

*At the album release party*

I get to the party surprisingly early, even Michael isn't here yet. I see a couple celebrities that I've worked with in the past like, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, and even Stevie Wonder. After I go and talk to them for a little while, I find me a seat beside Nick Saxton. We begin to have small talk when all of a sudden everyone in the room starts clapping and standing. I look towards the door to see Michael, looking handsome as always, and some brunette holding on to his arm. I guess that's the famous, Tatum O'neal. It kind of made sad that he came with her instead of me but we're just friends so I don't expect him to. I guess I could go say hi, here goes nothing.

Michael Jackson's POV

Tatum and I just got to the party and a lot of people showed up. After I get a couple "congratulations" and "job well done's", I see Destiny walking towards us. She looks more beautiful than usual. "Hi Mikey", she says smiling and giving me a hug. "Hi Dessy Wessy", I say returning the favor. Out of the corner of my eye I see Tatum roll her eyes at our nicknames for each other. "Tatum, Destiny, Destiny, Tatum", I say introducing the two. "Hi, nice to meet you Tatum", Destiny says smiling and shaking her hand. "Same here", Tatum said flashing the fakest smile ever. What's her problem? 

"So how'd you two meet?", Destiny asks. "Well-", "I'm his girlfriend", Tatum says interrupting me. Suddenly Destiny's smile drops completely and she excuses herself and quickly walks away. Was it something I said? 

Destiny Myers' POV

I should have known he would never fall for a girl like me.

*three and a half hours later*

The party just ended and everyone is about to leave. Despite my slightly broken heart, I had a great time. I've been trying to avoid Michael tonight, not because I'm mad at him, but because I don't want to stand in the way of Tatum and Michael's love. As I'm walking to my car, Tatum comes up behind. "Oh hi-", "Stay away from Michael, he's mine". "What are you talking about?", I ask obviously confused. "Just stay away from him or you will regret it", she says smirking and walking away. Ugh, what have I gotten myself into?

-Chapter 4, hope you like it

-I may put up chapter 5 and 6 today, who knows?

-I'm pretty sure Tatum wasn't that mean in real life, it's just to add drama to the story. She isn't going to be one of those crazy, psycho chicks though.

-#MOONWALKERNATION

-#MOONWALKER4LIFE