Chapter 8

August 29, 1979, Your Perfect Cake Bakery, Los Angeles, CA

Destiny Myers' POV

"Have a nice day ma'am", the head baker says handing me Michael's cake. "Thanks, you too". Today is Michael's twenty-first birthday. I know his family doesn't celebrate birthdays or holidays because of their religion, but I just wanted to do something small for him. Just me and him. Besides, this is a great way for us to spend some time together since I haven't seen him all week. He's been really busy with interviews and performances all week. I can't wait to see my Mikey! A couple days ago I got a call from Tatum. She apologized for the threat she made and her behavior at the album release party. It was kind of weird to me that she would call just out of the blue, but who knows maybe it was genuine. After I got the cake, I went to KFC to get Michael's favorite meal. He's definitely gonna love this, I can feel it.

*Four hours later, Destiny's Apartment*

Michael got here about an hour ago and we just got finished eating. "Thank you for all of this Dessy. You're the best girlfriend ever", he says smiling. "Well your the best boyfriend ever". He then blushes and looks down embarrassed. He's so cute when he's embarrassed. "Can we have cake now?", he asks getting excited. "Sure", I say laughing. I then grab his hand and lead him to where the cake is. I put twenty one candles on it and light them. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mikeyyyyyyy, happy birthday to youuuuu". He then blows out the candles. "Well aren't you going to make a wish?". "My wish already came true", he says kissing my cheek. Great, now I'm the one blushing. After I let him cut us pieces of cake, we go in the living room.

"So Mikey, what do you want to do now?". "Can we watch Peter Pan?" I chuckle. "Well it's your birthday so sure". I put the movie on and turn off the lights. I get on the couch with Michael and sit criss-cross applesauce. He lays his head in my lap and says something I'd never thought he'd say, well at least so soon. "I love you Destiny". "I love you too Michael". I've finally found the one for me.

-Chapter 8 was short but at least it's finished. This is the last chapter in the Off The Wall era. The rest of the book will be in the Thriller era which will eventually lead up to book two.

-What do you think about Michael and Destiny's relationship? They finally said I love you.

-Chapter 9 and 10 will be up today..I'm in the writing mood today.

-#MOONWALKERNATION

-#MOONWALKER4LIFE