Chapter 9 - Hogwarts Champions

Isabelle's POV
Hermione and I went to the Great Hall. The Goblet of Fire was standing in the middle of the room.
Ron wished that he would join, but he wasn't 17 yet. Harry wasn't really interested.

Cedric and his friends came in and they pushed Cedric in the age line.

Once Cedric put his name in this and nothing happened, which means that he might be picked.

After he put his name in, he looked at me and winked. I blushed at that.

"Looks like someone found a crush." Hermione said to me.
I playfully hit Hermione's shoulder.

"Not happening, Hermione. He might be cute. But he isn't my type. He's 2 years older than me." I said.
"2 years isn't that bad." she said.

I rolled my eyes. I felt like someone's looking from behind. I turned around and saw Draco, looking mad. Like red as a tomato.

I turned around and sighed. Wait...why am I feeling like this?

"YES!!!" Fred and Geroge shouted.

Everyone started to cheer. Except me and Hermione.

"Well, lads, we've done it." said Fred. "We cooked it up just this morning." said George.

"It's not going to work." Me and Hermione sanged. Then Fred and George came to us.

"Oh yeah?" said George.
"And why is that, Granger? And Chan?" asked Fred.

"You see this?" Hermione pointed it out. "This is a age line, Dumbledore drew it himself." explained Hermione.
"So?" said Fred.
"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion." she said.

"I totally agree." I said. "Besides, Hermione's right, Dumbledore really drew this line and you can't even pass it, even though you drink that aging potion." I said.

"But that's why it's so brilliant." said Fred. "Because it's so pathetically dimwitted." said George.

"Don't believe us...go ahead and try." I said. They smirked and got up.

"Ready, Fred?"
"Ready, George."
"Bottoms Up." they said and jumped in. People starting to cheer.

"Ready?" they said. Fred and George put their names in.

"YES!!!!" They cheered.

Until the flames turned red and it hit Fred and George. I covered my mouth from laughing.

"You said!"
"You said!"

They started to fight until Viktor Krum came and he put his name in the Goblet. He turned and gazed at Hermione and winked at her.

"Looks like someone has an admirer." I whispered. She rolled her eyes.

"Pay back, Hermione." I mumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The Champions selection." said Dumbledore. He dimmed the lights and slowly went to the Goblet. The flames turned red.

"The Durmstrang champion is....Viktor Krum!"

Everyone clapped. Viktor shook Dumbledore's hand and went to the other room. The flames turn red again.

"The Champion for Beauzbatons...is Fleur Delacour!"

The girls cheered for Fleur. She shook hands with Dumbledore and went to the other room.

"The Hogwarts Champion is Cedric Diggory!"

We all cheered for him. Cedric turned me and smiled. I just to smile back.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions...this vessel of victory...the Triwizard Cup!" We clapped.

But suddenly, the Goblet is acting strange. The flames were red again. Dumbledore went up to it and two parchment paper came out.

"Harry Potter and Isabelle Chan." he said. Everyone gasped.

"Harry Potter and Isabelle Chan." he said again.
Harry and I were in shock.

"HARRY POTTER AND ISABELLE CHAN!!!" I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and went to Dumbledore.

I hear Hermione telling Harry to go up. Dumbledore handed us our paper. I looked at it.

This can't be.

I hear people saying 'we're cheats' or 'they're not even 17 yet.' I didn't want this to happen.

Harry and I looked at each other and went to the other room.

Draco's POV
What? Isabelle can't compete. She just can't.

"Everyone, go back to your dormitories." said Professor McGongall.

We all got up and started to talk. Until I heard someone talking about Belle.

"Isabelle's a cheat. Along with Potter."

I got mad and I was about to punch whoever said that. But someone stopped me.

It was Marcus.

"Come on, Draco. Let's go. Belle knows how to deal about this." he said.

I sighed and left.

Isabelle's POV
"Belle? What are you and Harry doing here?' asked Cedric.

I didn't say anything until Dumbledore and the others came.

Dumbledore walked to Harry.

"Harry, Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?"
"No, sir." Harry replied, scared.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" he asked.

"No, sir."

"You're sure."

"Yes, sir." He turned to me.

"What about you Belle?"

"No Sir, I was with Hermione all the time." I said.

"They're lying."

"The hell they are." said Igor.

"The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a 4th year." said Moody.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye." said Igor.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaoff...perhaps you remember." sneered Moody.

"This doesn't help, Alastor." Dumbledore butted in. "Leave this to you, Barty."

Barty sighed.

"The Goblet has chosen them. Mr. Potter and Miss Chan has no choice. They are....as of tonight....the Triwizard Champions."

I was shocked. I can't compete.

"We'll contact your Father, Belle. Now you and Mr. Potter will back to your dormitories." said Dumbledore.

We nodded and walked out.

We got to the Gryffindor Common Room and it was empty.

"They're probably in their rooms." said Harry.
I nodded.

"I don't like sleeping here." I said.
Harry gave me an assuring squeeze.

"It's okay. You can go sleep in your old room. Hermione might know how you're feeling now." he said.

I sighed and said good night to Harry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I walked out the Common Room. I saw someone was leaning at the corner. I couldn't see its face.

"Who is it?" I asked.

The figure came out, slowly.....It revealed.....

"Belle."

CLIFFRANGER!!! WHO WAS IT THAT BELLE SAW AT THE CORNER??? IS IT HER DAD? HER ENEMY, SHEN? OR DRACO? COMMENT BELOW!! ♥