Chapter 7 - Professor Moody

Isabelle's POV

I woke up early this morning. Usually I wake up late, but oh well. Probably I'm used to it cause of training exercises. That's probably it. I did my morning routine and dressed up into this: http://www.polyvore.com/4th_year/set?id=117269468

I got out and went to the Great Hall and saw Hermione there. She saw me and smiled.
I smiled back and sat in front of her.

"Well, looks like someone's smiling today." she said.
I raised my brow at her. 

"Who? Me?" I asked.

She gestured her head towards me. I turned around and saw Draco, smiling?

What's he smiling about?
I thought. 

I turned around and ate my breakfast. 

"So, how does it feel to be back?" Hermione asked.
"It feels great, but around with boys...it gets a little awkward." I replied.
Hermione chuckled at that. 

Harry and Ron came and sat with us. Then McGongall gave us out schedules.

1. Defense Against Dark Arts (With Slytherin)
2. Dance (With Slytherin)
3. Potions (With Slytherin)

Lunch

4. Muggle Studies (With Ravenclaw)
5. Tranfigurations (With Slytherin)

Free Period

I sighed at that. 4 classes with Slytherin. 1 class with Ravenclaw. 

"Dance Class? Never have that before in Hogwarts." said Ron.

"That's odd." said Hermione. The three turned to me. 

"What?" I asked.
"You don't have anything to do with this, do you?" Harry asked.
"What? Why would I assign a dance class in Hogwarts?" I asked him.
"Just making sure, Belle. Besides, last night, you were great. Every boy couldn't stop talking about it. Even Malfoy." said Ron.

"How come in every conversation that we had, always had to be with Malfoy?" I asked.
Hermione just shrugged her shoulders. 

"Come on, let's get to class." she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to the Defense Against of the Dark Arts class. I was sitting by Hermione, we were talking. Until Professor Moody came in.

"Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror Ministry malcontent...and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher." He said. "I am here because Dumbledore asked me to. End of story, goodbye, the end...any questions?"

No one talked.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts...I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" he asked.

"Three sir." said Hermione, scared.

I wouldn't blame her.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked again.
"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will--"

"Will earn you one-way ticket to Azakban, correct." interrupted Moody. His voice tone seems angry.

"The Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses are, I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared!" He starts to write something on the wall. I can see the Hermione was shaking. I held her hand under the table. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum other than your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"