Back To School

I was gonna have to face Jessa at school but it doesn't matter because she has a guy just like I have Cass. I grabbed my wallet and walked over to Cass's house to pick her up. I knocked a couple times and she walked out wearing a nice outfit.

"Ready for school beautiful?" I asked holding her hand.

She nodded and kissed my cheek. We headed to my black jeep and opened the door for her. I drove down the road to our school and I continued to stare at Cass. She was so pretty I couldn't help myself.

"Eyes on the road Mendes!" She yelled to me.

I chuckled and pulled into the parking lot.

"Don't worry everybody will like you" I said hugging her shoulder when we got out.

She smiled and nervously looked around.

"Lemme see your schedule" I said snatching it from her.

"Fuck. This is crazy!" I said excitedly.

"What?" She chuckled.

"We have every single class together" I smiled.

"Oh thank god!" She said sighing.

"You're doing the musical?" I said.

She nodded.

"Yeah they're doing my favorite musical, Grease" she said smiling. "It was my favorite when I was a kid"

"I can't wait to see you rock the stage then" I said kissing her cheek.

She giggled as we headed into our first class. It was choir so all the seats were smashed together. I looked around at all my friends from last year. I really haven't talked to Ian or Tanner lately. I was still mad at Ian for being a douchebag to Cass and I. I saw a girl I use to like across the room giggling and talking to her friends as she watched me. I wrapped my arm around Cass and smiled at Mr. Boesiger who's been trying to get everyone's attention for the past 5 minutes.

"Welcome class okay so first, we're gonna talk about the musical so tune out if you don't want to try out tune out" Mr. Boesiger spoke excitedly.

"Should I try out?l" I joked to Cass.

"Oh my gosh yes! We could get the lead" she said grabbing my hands.

"No, no, I'm too shy Cass" I said holding my hands up in defense.

"Come on Shawnie it'll be fun and if you don't make it then I won't do it" she said with puppy dog eyes that made me wanna melt.

"So everybody will sing a song of their choice to show what they got!" mr. boesiger said excitedly.

I looked back at the teacher and into Cass's eyes. She was leaning into me with the biggest grin on her face.

"Ugh fine" I replied.

She jumped in her seat and smiled. The clipboard was passed around. I signed our names and kissed her cheek.

"Okay auditions will be after school hope to see you all there!" Mr. boesiger said kindly.

The bell rang and we headed to our next class.

---

Cassidy pulled me towards the auditorium and we were the first ones there.

"Ms. Cassidy what will you be singing today?" Mr. B asked.

"Uh Big and Loud from cats don't dance" she replied shyly.

"Okay you know you'll have to move around so you do you" he replied.

She nodded and smiled. She prepared herself as the music started. I sat in the back and smiled.

"I've seen 'em come
And I've seen 'em go
There's one thing that I know
You gotta give the people
What they want
Or you'll wind up back in Kokomo, Nebraska!
Whatever!
They like it big!
They like it loud!
Maybe a little bit jazzy sometimes...
Mr. PussyCat listen to me
You don't hafta be good
But you had better be...

BIG AND LOUD!!
Big and Loud!!
Gonna make your momma proud!
Make it Big!
And...
LOUD!!" She sang so powerful I got goosebumps and my mouth dropped.

I've never heard anyone sing like that before, she was really good. I stood up and clapped for her so frantically.

"That's my babe! Whoo!" I yelled.

She chuckled and blushed a bit.

"Alright we'll let you know" mr. B said smiling while writing down some stuff.

She walked towards me and I pressed my lips on hers.

"Holy shit marry me already" I chuckled panting.

"Trust me Mendes that's not the only thing I can do" she smirked strutting off to the chairs.

"Mendes hop up there since you're so eager to be here" he said pointing to stage without looking up.

I slowly made my way up the stage and adjusted myself.

"And you Shawn, what will you be singing?" He asked.

I looked out into the empty seats and saw Cassidy standing there clasping her hands together excitedly.

"Give me love by Ed Sheeran" I sighed.

He nodded and began to belt out every note perfectly. Mr. B would nod tapping his foot to every big note. Cassidy was swaying back and forth with tears streaming down her face.

"Thanks Mendes, we'll let you know what's up" Mr. B said nodding.

He left the auditorium and I ran towards Cassidy wrapping my arms around her tightly. She buried her face into my shirt and chuckled.

"Marry me already" she teased.

I pressed my lips on hers chuckling.

"So what else can you do?" I smirked.

She pulled me towards the car smirking evilly.