Chapter Five

~Mikayla's pov~

The next morning, Abby and I went to the beach with the dogs and say on the sand while the dogs played in the water. We decided we should go home for lunch and meet up here later and stay the rest of the day. I missed being home but I miss being at the apartment more and we've only been gone for a day. Jake and I are going out later to spend some time quality time together since we haven't had much time since he's been gone and I've been in LA for the last month.

@mikayla__: It's been great to be home but I miss LA. Only 6 days until I'm back home :-)

-3 hours later-

Jake and I decided on going to the fair. We got there and messed around together, he asked me how LA was, we talked about school, and I told him he's always welcome at the apartment because it's big enough that he can sleep in the  lounge. "Maybe I'll come with you and Abby when you head back to LA and stay the rest of the summer before I have to go back to school." "That'd be cool. You can finally see how Abby and I live in LA." "Maybe I'll do that."

Abs :-): Where are you? We are supposed to go camping on the beach tonight
Me: I'm at the fair with jake. I'll meet you at the beach in an hour. Got it?
Abs :-): Yup. Meet you there

"We should hurry up. I forgot I made plans with Abby to camp on the beach and I'm already running late." "Ok. Let's go."

Once I got to the beach, Abby was already there with a fire started and a tent not set up yet. "You couldn't have set up the tent?" I yelled from down the beach. I let Shelby off her leash, letting her run to Marvin before they ran into the water to play. "That's gonna take forever for them to dry off" Abby said before sighing. "Now help me with this tent before it gets too dark and we end up sleeping on the sand."

Once the tent was set up, we put our stuff in it, before sitting by the fire and calling the dogs over so we could dry them off. We put the dogs on their leashes so they couldn't run off while we were at the fire. We had smores and told jokes before Abby decided it was time for bed. Once she was in the tent, I looked at my phone seeing a text from Maddie. 'That's odd' I thought to myself

Maddie :-): Liz is at the door with a dog. What do you want me to say?
Me: Call me

I looked at Shelby and saw she was falling asleep so I set her in the tent before going back to the log I was sitting on. My phone rang so I answered it with a 'what does Liz want?' "She says the band is about to leave for tour and they can't bring the dog with but her and Jack are going back to Australia and need someone to watch her." "What's the dogs name and what breed?" "Her name is Daphne and she's a golden retriever." "Wow Abby was right" I muttered. "What was that?" "Nothing. Tell Liz we'll watch the dog. I'm going to bed now. See you when we get home" I said before hanging up, not giving her a chance to respond 'please don't ruin this Maddie. And please don't kill Luke. I know you and Abby hate that cat' I said to myself before going in the tent to go to bed.

~Luke's pov~

"Mom. Promise me you'll find someone good to watch Daphne on tour." "I already have someone who I'm pretty sure is willing to look after her. Now leave. Go be famous." "Ok. But make sure she's safe, she's the only thing I have that gives me cuddles" I told my mom while I hugged her. "Don't worry about it. Now go. I'll call you later."

The boys and I were going back on tour but going on tour meant I had to leave my puppy behind. I didn't want to but I did. I walked on the bus and headed to the lounge where the boys and Courtney were. "Guys can we just watch TV and not listen to you guys be all mushy and shit?" Mikey asked them. "I'm sorry I actually have someone. Michael you have Luke who is more than willing to give you cuddles." "Yeah I know. I realized that when I woke up with him in my bed the other morning" he said while glaring at me. "I'm sorry. You just looked really cozy and Daphne left me for Ash" I said sheepishly. "Whatever" he said before we all looked at the TV. We all watched the show for about ten minutes before we heard Courtney and Cal being weird and romantic. The three of us groaned and decided we should go to the front and eat.

~Mikayla's pov~

After Abby and I woke up and left to go home, my brother and I went out for breakfast deciding to go back to the beach. "Shelby is so cute" he told me as we watched her bounce around in the sand in front of us. "Yeah. She's got a lot of energy so she goes to the dog park about 3 times a week but it's good for her." "That's good. How's Maddie?" "Good. She's been gone a lot. She's maybe there one night a week and we don't know where she goes but we got used to it. We are thinking about kicking her out and getting a new room mate. We are just waiting to see how things go when we get back." "Sounds cool. Well let me know what happens. I'll still be coming down to stay with you guys before I head back to school. Maybe Steve will come with." "Maddie likes Steve. She won't go in Abby's room because Abby has so many pictures of him in it. She has all her pictures of all our family vacations and stuff so I think Maddie is intimidated by how close we are." "Probably."

~Maddie's pov~

With Abby and Mikayla gone, I was able to do whatever I want. I had found a person to stay here. I locked Mikayla's room with Luke in there. Luke scares me so he can stay there while they are gone.

Abby: How's my cat
Me: He's doing good. Hasn't left Mikaylas room. Don't worry

She had texted me back after that but I didn't want to respond, getting ready for my week of nightly parties at the apartment, hoping we get evicted. These girls are too rich and need to learn what happens when you become friend with a poor girl I thought to myself while smirking.