Chapter Thirteen

~Mikayla's pov~

I was walking the dogs alone today, on my way to Starbucks since Abby is in Thousand Oaks for the next two weeks since Steve moves to New York later this week and he doesn't plan on coming back, plus its her parents anniversary next week so she is staying and they are driving her back that Sunday. With no Starbucks partner and an empty apartment for the next three weeks, I decided I would spend most of it out at the dog park with the pups, trying to make friends. I'd talk to Luke or one of the boys, but Abby deleted Luke's number and I keep forgetting to ask for it again.

I was leaving Starbucks and untying the dogs from the bike rack when I heard footsteps running past me. I looked up and realized exactly who it was. "Hey Luke" I called after him, standing up once I had untied the dogs and walking up to him. He kept running so I ran after him as best I could with three dogs in my hand, Daphne's leash accidentally getting dropped, her chasing after him and jumping on his back. That caught his attention, him turning to look at his dog. "Hey Daphne" he said bending down to pet the dog after he had taken his headphones out. He looked up, finally noticing I was there. "Oh hey Mikayla." "Sorry about her jumping on you." "Its ok, I probably wouldn't have noticed you standing there anyway, and its always good to see my dog" he said, laughing. "Where's Abby? Isn't it Starbucks day?" he questioned me. I laughed before responding, "Luke we went over this last week when you guys were over, she's staying in Thousand Oaks for two weeks so I'm alone at the apartment with these losers and Grace" I said before petting the dogs on the head. "If your alone, the guys and I will be at your door tonight, and staying for the rest of the week" he told me, not even asking if it was ok if he stays. "What about the second week?" "We are going home for a week before we are back here, starting tour up again." "Im gonna head to the dog park, show up at six tonight with the boys" I said before turning and dragging the dogs in the opposite direction of Luke towards the dog park, double checking that I had Daphne's leash since she seems to run off without it.

At about two, I decided I should go home and clean up my apartment if the boys were staying, knowing once they showed up, there would be wrappers and Vegemite containers everywhere.

At six, they were at my front door, knocking every two seconds I didn't answer because I was walking from my room, through the living room, stopping in the kitchen to grab cheese before opening the door, grabbing another cheese stick, and walking back into the master bedroom that was mine and finishing the sheet I was looking at for school that starts at the end of the month. When I realized school started that soon, I prayed that Abby and I wouldn't run into _, our least favorite person at school. She moved away at the end of the school year but no one knows where to, everyone hated her anyway. I walked out of my room, seeing all the guys laying on their stomachs, chins in their hands, watching cartoons they must've turned on. I took a picture before they noticed I was there and looked at me, waiting for me to say something about food. "Ill go order pizza. Watch your cartoons." I said before turning around and walking back into my room.

Once the pizza was ordered, I posted the picture on twitter.

@mikayla__: Not quite sure what these losers are doing @michael5sos @calum5sos @luke5sos @ashton5sos *Image attached*

I walked out of my room, wanting a snack before the pizza got here, grabbing the bag of potato chips before walking back out to the lounge. The pizza got there about fifteen minutes later, us eating before putting Mean Girls on and going to bed once it was over, the boys all cramming into the extra bedroom since Abby locked her room.

~1 week later~

The boys leave today which means I have to go one more week without Abby which means the apartment will be quiet today. It's Saturday morning so I walked out of my room, heading to the kitchen where the dogs leashes would be in the cupboard under the sink, when Luke started calling me. "Why are you up so early?" He asked me. "Its Saturday, I'm taking the dogs with to Starbucks like every week" I replied. "I'm coming with" he said, turning off the TV and heading into the room the boys were staying in, trying to stay quiet because the other boys were sleeping. He ran back out five minutes later, ready to go. I clipped on the dogs leashes, handing Daphne's to Luke since she's his dog.

After Starbucks, we stopped at the pet store, grabbing more toys for Marvin and Shelby since Daphne chewed them all up again. Once we finished up at the pet store, with a bag full of dog toys that I have to try and hide from Daphne, since I'm pretty bad about doing it. We got back to the apartment, shaking my head at the mess the boys have left me in the last week. "You three losers better get up and help clean or I'm locking Luke in my closet until you are gone" I shouted at the boys in the bedroom from where I was standing in the kitchen. "That won't do anything" Michael yelled back. By now it was obvious they locked themselves in the bedroom to get out of cleaning. "I'll call Courtney and tell her to hide the Vegemite." That seemed to get them out to clean because in less than thirty seconds, the three boys were sliding into the kitchen while Luke sat at the bar, laughing at them when they ran into the cupboards. I rolled my eyes at them and pointed at the living room, silently telling the four boys to go clean. Three of them groaned while Calum said while rubbing his head, "My head hurts. Thanks for pushing me over guys. That cupboard didn't feel very good." I laughed, opening the cupboard under the sink to put the leashes away and feeding the dogs. Once I finished feeding them, I went to my room to clean.

~Luke's pov~

"Nice slide into the cupboards Cal" I said to him after Mikayla went to her room. "Shut up, that hurt my head." "I can make it hurt more" Michael said walking up behind him. "How?" Cal asked. Mike took a step closer to him, then started giving him a noogie. "Ow Mike. That hurts stop." Michael started to laugh but backed away. "How'd you even get me? I'm taller than you." Cal asked him. "No your not. We are the same height" Mike said laughing. "Hurry up and clean. We have to leave in an hour and we need Luke and Vegemite and if we don't, we lose both" Ash said. The three of us groaned and started cleaning up the mess we left Mikayla in the apartment over the week.

An hour later, we were throwing shit in our bags, not caring if it was one of the other guys because we were running late since we kept getting distracted when we were cleaning and kept singing random Nickelback songs. "Bye Mikayla. Thanks for letting us stay" I called to her since she was in her room right before I closed the door behind me since I was the last one out. I'm excited to get home to see my mom and Molly. "Stop Luke. We all know you want to go see your mom." Cal said to me. "Fuck you Calum" I said, turning my head to look out the window.