Chapter Eleven

-2 weeks later-

~Mikayla's pov~

It's been two weeks since Courtney showed up and we all get along better than Abby and I did with Maddie. Abby and I had just gotten back from our Saturday morning coffee run and were just sitting down to turn morning cartoons on when there was a knock on the door. "I thought we told Jeff to stop letting people up before ten" Abby said, referring to our doorman. "I'll call the front desk" I said getting up walking into my room. "Jeff what did we say about letting people up before ten, last I checked it was nine" I said as soon as he picked up. "She has a pass into the building, I have to let her up." "Wait, who is it?" "Maddie, doesn't she live with you guys?" "No. We kicked her out a couple weeks ago." "Ok. Then talk to her and let me know I have to call security." "Will do. Thanks Jeff" I said hanging up and walking back out to the lounge. "Jeff said it Maddie, he told me we should talk to her and let him know if we need security." "Ok. I'll get the door then." She got up and I went into the kitchen to get the dogs food. I opened the door to the spare room which Courtney is using and let Daphne out since that's where she's been sleeping.

Once the dogs ate, Abby and I finally sat down on the couch while Maddie sat on the floor in front of us. "Why are you here?" Abby asked. "I'm homeless, need a place to stay." "That doesn't answer why you're here" I said, checking the time and watching Courtney's door since it was about time for her to get up. "Let me stay here" Maddie said, getting straight to the point. Abby busted out laughing and I watched her from the corner of my eye. "Like we would let you stay here after what you did to us" Abby said once she calmed down. "Because my name is still on the lease." "Actually, none of us are eighteen so our parents are on the lease, your mom isn't" "I can get into the building still." "We can actually make it so you cant come up, change our passes up to the apartment." "What will it take for you to let me stay here?" As soon as she asked that, Courtney's door opened up and she looked at us, knowing what day it was. "Coffees in the kitchen" I said pointing to the counter and looking back at Maddie. "You put us through hell, almost got us evicted, and want us to take you back?" Abby asked. "Hold on, let me get the bullshit detectors and our bullshit protectors" I said standing up and walking into the kitchen. I could hear Abby laughing at me and I rolled my eyes at her. "You have two minutes to get out before I call security" I heard Abby tell her before she joined Courtney and I in the kitchen.

We ended up having to call Jeff to send security up to get Maddie out. Once she was gone, we decided we would go to the dog park for a bit. Abby and I were wearing jeans, Courtney was wearing her normal sweatpants, and we all had plain t-shirts on. We grabbed the dogs and left. At the park, the dogs raced before finding other dogs and losing interest in each other. "Hey Mikayla." I looked over my shoulder at the sound of my name being called. "Hey Luke. How'd you find me? I have your dog." "Your doorman told me you were here. Hey Abby" he said, looking at one of the girls next to me. I looked where Abby and Courtney should be but didn't see Courtney. "Shelby was trying to bite one of the little kids. I had to go stop her" Courtney said, walking back up to us. "Oh hey Luke." "Hey Courtney." "How are the boys?" "Good. Cals meeting me here, might be suspicious if he sees us talking." "Let him know you helped me. Its his fault I left." "You what?!" we heard from behind us. We all looked over and saw Calum watching Luke. "You knew where she was these last two weeks and never told me?" "Yeah." "I told him not to tell" Courtney said. Daphne ran up to us, probably seeing Luke. "Why don't you guys come over for dinner" Luke told me. "Yeah. We can do that."

We had just gotten the dogs on their leashes when Abby's phone started ringing. "Hey Steve." She talked to her brother the whole way to the boys' house, Cal and Courtney talked, and Luke and I made small conversation but it was mostly quiet. "Why won't you just tell them Cal? They deserve to know." Luke sighed and rolled his eyes, walking up to the two. "She's right cal. You've been together for over a year, these two weeks apart change nothing but that you aren't fighting and putting stress on trying to stay together. Tell the fans." "Its not that easy Luke, they'll hate on her." "It is that easy" Luke said walking up to a group of girls that looked like fans. "What would you say if I told you Cal was in a relationship?" he asked them. "We would be sad since we dream about being with him, but we'd be happy for him." While Luke talked with the fans I stood back with Abby who was on the phone, knowing I would act the same way if Luke got in a relationship. My phone started ringing and I looked at it in confusion, wondering why Liz was calling me. "Hey Liz" I answered which caused Luke, Cal, and the fans to look at me weirdly. "Luke isn't answering his phone. I figured he'd be with you since you have Daphne." "Yeah. I'm with him right now." "Can you give him your phone? I need to talk to him about Daphne." "Yeah." I pulled the phone away from my ear and handed it to him with a 'your mom wants to talk to you'. "We better keep going. Bye guys" Cal said, Luke waving goodbye since he was telling his mom something.

We hung out with the boys and let the dogs run around together. Cal eventually went crazy from being around all the dogs and that was the highlight of the night. We left at ten because we had to get home, seeing as Steve was coming to stay again tomorrow. Courtney stayed with the boys which we said it was ok and she didn't have to tell us what she was doing. We got home, let Marvin and, Shelby off their leashes and went to bed.

~Luke's pov~

I got to Mikayla's building walking in. "What can I help you with young man?" the doorman asked me right away. "Have you seen Mikayla, or her room mates?" "Yeah, they all left about ten minutes ago with the dogs, probably went to the dog park." "Ok, thanks." "Welcome" he said before walking back to his desk. I walked back out the door, heading towards the dog park.

Me: Meet me at the dog park I take Daphne to
Cal: Ok. Be there in 15

I got to the park and spotted Mikayla talking to Abby and Courtney. As I was walking over to them, I watched Courtney walk away. I talked to Mikayla a bit, and said hi to Abby before Courtney walked back over to us. Cal showed up and overheard us talking about how I got Courtney out here and he got mad. We decided to leave but on the way back to the house Cal and Courtney started having their normal argument which interrupted mine and Mikayla's conversation. I rolled my eyes and sighed before walking up and getting them to stop, having enough of listening to this conversation over and over. I stopped to ask fans about this argument without giving anything about Cal and Court away. While I was talking to the fans, I heard 'hey Liz' from behind me. The fans, Cal, and I all turned and looked at her before her phone was handed to me and I was talking to my mom, wondering why Mikayla had her number. I shook the thought away and waved to the fans before leaving with the rest of the group.

We ordered Chinese food and sat in the back yard. Michael asked Abby and Mikayla how their kitten was, telling them he was going to go there just to see it before we leave LA again. At about eight, Cal got up and layed on the ground, rolling around with the dogs, pretending to be like them. All of us laughed before we all sat on the ground, Ashton starting a bon fire for us. At ten, Abby and Mikayla grabbed their dogs and left, telling Michael he could stop by tomorrow to see Grace. Ashton put the fire out, all of us having to drag Cal in since he was still going crazy, and went to bed.