Chapter Fifteen

~Mikayla's pov~

Abby and I were stopping at our houses before we left to the airport to meet up with the boys and go on tour with them like we promised. "Why do we have to watch Marvin too?" Jake groaned. "Because my parents said no" Abby said. "What are you doing with that one?" he asked, pointing at Daphne in the car. "Taking her with" I said while shrugging. "Why cant you take them then?" my dad said pointing at the other two dogs. "Because Daphne is Luke's dog and we are taking her to see him while we are in New York and stuff for two weeks." I said while Abby started to walk home to drop Grace off since her parents said they would watch her. I was picking her up from her parents house before we left, seeing as we were driving to go meet the boys which would take three to four days to get to New York. I stayed at my house for another fifteen minutes before I left to go get Abby.

Since it was noon by the time we left our houses, we stopped at McDonald's so we could eat while we were on the road for four hours, stopping at about four tonight at a motel to stay the night. It took us about twenty minutes to get to McDonald's and we were there for about an hour just talking, which was longer than we wanted to be there for. Once it hit four o'clock, we were still on the road and we were in the middle of nowhere. "This is later than we agreed on Mikayla" Abby said to me. "I know. We took too long at McDonald's, that's why" I said, turning just enough to look at her but so I could still see the road. "There is where we are staying tonight" I said, pointing at the small motel near the entrance of a small town. We pulled into the parking lot half an hour later then we said we would be. "I was expecting you guys" the lady in the office said to us as soon as we walked in to check in. "Yeah, we took a little longer then expected." I said, smiling. "I hope you don't mind but we brought a dog" Abby said, pulling Daphne into the room a little bit. "Oh that's fine" the lady said waving us off and smiling. We got our room number and went to get comfortable since we were driving further tomorrow.

At about nine in the morning, we were up and ready to go. Abby was driving this time since I was still pretty tired and could barely keep my eyes open. Its helpful when you are friends with a morning person on a car trip.

~Abby's pov~

I was driving for about an hour and a half when I found a gas station and stopping since we were running low on gas. I turned to Mikayla to ask if she wanted some snacks but she was sleeping pretty soundly in the passenger seat. I rolled my eyes at my best friend and walked into the store, grabbing her a ham sandwich which she probably wont eat but I will. I grabbed her a couple candy bars and a soda and water for both of us since we were going to be on the road for a bit.

~Mikayla's pov~

I woke up a little after noon. Abby glanced at me out of the corner of her eye, noticing that I was awake. "I stopped for gas a while ago. I bought you a sandwich, you don't have to eat it though." she said, looking at the bag that was at my feet. "Ok" I said opening the bag.

At about one, Abby and I switched places so she could take a quick nap. She slept until three and was the dj for the rest of the car ride to dinner which we stopped for at five. By this time we were in Illinois. Abby has family that lives in Benton, which is in southern Illinois, so we were stopping at their house for the night. Their house was like an hour drive from where we stopped for dinner. We got to her aunts house at about seven because we got lost since Abby hasn't been here in a while since her aunt and uncle always would fly out to California for holidays. "Aunt Lexie?" Abby called as we walked into the house. "In the kitchen" we heard. We walked into the kitchen, enjoying the smells of whatever Lexie was cooking. "Are you guys hungry?" she said, looking at the two of us. "No. We stopped for dinner a little more than an hour ago. Where's uncle Scott?" "He's in the office as always" Lexie chuckled. We gave her a blank look, seeing as we don't know where any room is in this house. "Oh right" she said while chuckling. "Its upstairs, Last door on the hallway. The door should be open" she said, finally giving us information. We walked upstairs and talked to Scott for a bit before going to bed since we had to be up by and out of the house by five if we wanted to be in New York by six, counting a stop for lunch, hopefully not as long as the ones we have been taking.

We were up and out of the house by four thirty, not even bothering to change out of our pajamas. We left a note for her aunt and uncle saying we would see them in two weeks since that is when we are heading home. The boys wont be in New York that whole time but Steve lives there now so we will be spending some time with him.  We stopped at subway so we cold eat on the car ride. We got to New York shortly after our planned arrival time, getting to the boys' hotel at six thirty which is more ahead of schedule than we have been this whole trip. We grabbed Daphne and our bags, making our way to the hotel room the boys were in since Calum texted us their room number.

~Luke's pov~

I have been freaking out all day. The girls should get here later tonight and I'm hoping they didn't leave Daphne behind since she was my baby and I really wanted to see her. I know the girls are staying with us for one week before going to stay with Abby's brother Steve who moved to New York not too long ago while we left the state to go tour some more.

At six thirty, there was a knock on the door. The boys and I all looked at each other before Ashton jumped out of the spot he was sitting in on the couch, yelling 'Their here!' He opened the door and hugged them as fast as he could, making Abby drop the leash she was holding, letting Daphne run into the hotel room straight at me. Abby and Mikayla started laughing once they saw that I was now laying on the floor with the dog licking my face. Once I finally got the dog off of me, I got up and hugged Abby first, seeing as Mikayla and Courtney were having a conversation that I didn't want to interrupt. Once they were done talking, I walked up to Mikayla and hugging her. During our hug, I whispered in her ear, "When we get back to LA, we are going on a date."