III. Adventures & Missions

Here we go Chapter 3! I feel so productive writing and I'm going to try to continue. I still have yet to actually sit down and come up with synopsis of how Tate will play into this, and yes there will be romance but with who? I'm winging it at the moment but I'm going to figure things out the next time I have writers block!

Also the gifs I have of Amber Heard are influencing what happens in the chapter lol, so here we go!

The crowd that was centered around the fighters quickly dispersed after Octavia's comment, but Tate stayed looking up at the drop ship.  She wished she could figure out how to get the communication system up and running or help the 100 be productive in someway but she was taught by an environmental engineer, and their school tried to teach the little engineer wannabes about tech but it was for 6 graders!  The blonde sighed looking at the burning ship, Monty got more training than her so maybe she could try to learn from him or at least assist him in figuring things out.  As she was about to walk away, she watched Bellamy approach Octavia. 

She couldn't understand the first part of the conversation but Bellamy grabbed Octavia's arm and lead her further away from their previous position and fortunately closer to Tate.

"I don't need protecting. I have been locked up one way or another all my life. I am done following orders." The younger Griffin heard Octavia say, Preach!   "I need to have fun, Bell. I need to just do something crazy just because I can, and no one, including you, is gonna stop me." Octavia was preaching to the choir and Tate knew exactly how she felt.  

The younger siblings were both in similar positions, one with an over protective brother and the other with an uptight sister.  Both of the elders however could be stick-in-the-muds.  Tate didn't feel like getting caught for eavesdropping  (like she had when she was younger & on the Ark ). She sidestepped away and joined a conversation she saw her sister and Finn having.

"So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" The spacewalker asked Clarke as Tate stood next to her. 

"Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food." Clarke responded, Tate was unsure if either of them had even noticed her there yet.  

"Perfect, I'm coming with," The young blonde joined the discussion, she felt content as to finding something productive and adventurous to do.  

"No," Clarke commanded without missing a beat, "you need to stay here and try to fix the communications system. And I don't want you going out there.  We don't know what animals or radiation levels are out there and I'm not letting you risk it"

"I'm an environmental engineer- well not one myself but I learned from one and only till 6th grade so I think I'm only qualified to assist and also I'm finally free let me have an adventure," Tate explained to Clarke why she would be a bad person for the job.

"This is a mission- not an adventure.  And we don't need a professional, hell I don't think  we have on but we need someone with any knowledge of a machine part to try-" Clarke practically begged the young engineer to work but Finn cut in.  

"She's right," Finn backed Tate up, "If she doesn't know what she's doing she could screw something up- even more. We also need as many arms we can get to bring back the food" 

"Gee thanks," Tate muttered at the lack of confidence. "Tate, by the way," The girl held out her hand and Finn grabbed it to shake.  

"I know, Minnow, right? Oh, and it's Finn" He finished the handshake and her hand returned to the side.

"God those guards talk a lot about me don't they?" She chuckled shortly.  

"How are you three going to bring back enough food for 100?" Wells asked making Tate jump a small bit, she hadn't even noticed he was sitting there or when he joined the group.  Finn strutted over towards Jasper and Monty and grabbed them by their shoulders.