Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Amelie's p.o.v

I slowly cracked my eyes open to see I was in a hospital.

I failed.

I didn't die.

I should have waited. I should have waited until he wasn't there, so I would loose so much blood I would die.

Where is Niall?

I pushed the nurse's button, and almost instantaneously a nurse appeared.

"Oh, good. You're awake. Your surgery was a success."

"My surgery?"

"Yes... You didn't know... I'll send your friends in..." She abandoned our awkward silence and sent everyone in.

Except Niall.

"Guys? Can you tell me what's going on?"

Louis sighed, knowing he would have to explain. "Well... They preformed a surgery... You got a kidney transplant. You still only have one, but you're fine."

"Where's Niall?"

They looked around. Zayn spoke up.

"He is the one who donated a kidney."

I covered my mouth. He gave up one of his kidneys.

For me.

"And... Um.... Amelie?" Harry said awkwardly. I nodded.

"Niall said that just in case something happens to him, to give you this."

He handed me a small box. I popped it open to see a beautiful ring and a note.

"Dear Amelie,

That night you shot yourself was the night I was going to give you this promise ring.

So I'm having Harry give you this, to tell you I loved you just in case we had.... Complications.

I love you.

-Niall"

He was going to give this to me?

Complications?

"I need to see Niall, now." I said. Harry understood the urgency, and he and Liam helped me into the wheelchair. They rolled me down the hall into a room.

There Niall was, eyes red and hair messy, laying in a hospital bed.

Sleeping.

I had Harry roll me to his bedside. I took his hand and brushed my thumb against his knuckles.

A silent tear rolled down my cheek.

"Amelie, why are you crying?"

Niall. He was awake.

"Because you gave me your kidney, when I didn't deserve it."

"You deserve it. I left you, I shouldn't have."

Tears were cascading down my cheeks. "Niall, why couldn't you let me die?"

He took a deep breath. "Because I love you. You shouldn't feel like this, and I'm not going to let you. That is why I'm proposing to you. I want you to know that I love you, and I promise never to let you hurt yourself ever again. I love you, and I wanted to let you live."

"Niall, yes."

"Yes?"

"I will take the promise ring."

He cried tears of happiness and engulfed me in a bear hug.

We gasped in pain from the surgery, and let go laughing.

We stared at eachother for a moment when Louis broke the silence.

"At least you guys can not drink together!"

We laughed.

It was In that moment, I realized, my days of pain.....

Were gone.

====

AWWWW HE GAVE HER HIS KIDNEY AND A PROMISE RING

so I got a comment on how this story seems like it promotes ED and Depression, but it DOESN'T

It is a story of redemption, showing that people are always there for you. Life is wonderful, enjoy it.

Yeah,

So as many of you may know, the story is coming to an end. There will be a long epilogue explaining life afterwards.

Thanks for reading!

-Hope