Chapter 14: Times of... Relaxing

Brad's Point of View

     Finally, I have power in my house again. It's good to be home. Carey's house is nice though, especially her room. Her room is a light blue, and it's bigger than what I imagined. Even though we got in trouble for doing what we did, I still enjoyed the stay. So, I'm just relaxing in my room right now. Because it snowed all weekend, I'm home on this cold, icy Monday morning.

"Brad, get up. It's breakfast time. We're having chocolate waffles and oreo milkshakes", explained Veronica, who was running down the stairs like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Breakfast is served", said my dad in his 'World's Best Dad' apron.

Everyone in the house was either home school or work an I had a feeling that today was going to be a pretty good day. During breakfast, all you could hear was the sounds of mouths chomping up and down. Afterwards all went well and I went to watch TV. Then Veronica and I.... well, I don't know her... decided to do something productive. I chose to study some math for Miss Carson's class just in case she gives us any pop quizzes. I like to be prepared and expect the unexpected. Therefore, I studied until 12 noon. While I went to put my math books away, Veronica called me from her room.

"Little bro! Check this out!", she called. She was on her laptop looking at Famous African-American Inventors for Black History Month. "Did you know that know that an African-American invented the cell phone?", she asked. "His name is Henry T. Sampson and he's still alive", she said.

For about an hour, we looked at inventions that we didn't know were invented by African-Americans.

"Lunch time, kids", called my mother.

As soon as I heard that we were having Chinese freezer food, I jetted off in an instant. Veronica, on the other hand, doesn't really like that stuff so she took her time.

"Where were you two?", asked my dad.

When I told him, he smiled.

"Wow, I'm impressed! You two were actually hanging out and bonding!", he exclaimed. Even though we actually hanging out and bonding!", he exclaimed, even thought we try to hang out as often as possible.

That Chinese food was delicious, though. While Veronica had gone from age 17 to 5 because she was playing with her food. Afterwards, lunch was done and I was feeling sleepy. If I'm going to get the day off, the least I could do is get some rest. I told my parent of my plans and walked to my light green room.

                                                                                        1 hour and 45 minutes later

  I am officially awake now. Dinner is cooking and tonight we are having hot wings, pizza rolls, and tater tots... again, my kind of food. Anyway, I'm going to watch some more TV. I grabbed my grape juice and drank it in peace. Soon, it was time for dinner. our family likes to eat real early. I don't know, it's just weird. The dinner was delicious, though.

"Bradley, please just shut your face.", stammered Veronica.

"Stop, you two", my dad told the both of us.

We did what we were told. Plus, I was too hungry to talk, anyway. After quality time with family, a good nap, TV time , and scrumptious food, all went well for the remainder of the night... just like at Carey's house. Today was definitely my time of... relaxing.

                                                        ***********************************************