Valentines In Disguise

Chapter 1: What a Life

Carey's Point of View

They say life's a beach. For me, not really. I mean, it's not completely tragic. It's just that... many things are too good to be true for me. Allow my to introduce myself. My name is Carey. Carey Reneè Andrews to be exact. I'm 13 years old and in 7th grade and things aren't looking up for me. I sort of like my school, Flatland Middle School, located in Canarsie (a section in Brooklyn), and I'm somewhat popular. But, my parents argue 24/7 and my three annoying brothers Brian, Matthew, and Jacob have nothing better to do than bug me. However, there is one thing that I can't complain about... my crush Bradley, Brad for short. He's funny and has a great personality. But I don't know if he likes me or not. Urggghh... what a life!

*********************************************************

Chapter 2: Running From The Truth

Brad's Point of View

I'm Bradley Johnathan Morgan. I'm 13 years old and in 7th grade. Is my life good? Meh, it could be better, but I enjoy life as much as I can. After all, you only live once. However, all I do is play video games, run track and field, and sketch... along with my everyday life, but there is one thing on my mind. There's this girl at school named Carey. She seems really sweet and nice. She has a bubbly personality and all. We are just friends, though. We hang out a lot.. ok, I lied, we don't; I would like to like to. Not that I desparately need to. Anyway, Carey seems friendly and I would enjoy spending time with her. You know, when I come to think of it, I'm running from the truth. I believe I'm crushing on Carey!

*********************************************************

Chapter 3: A Day in the Regular

Carey's Point of View

So, here I am at school. Usually, I would have a boring 6 and 1/2 hours of classwork, bossy teachers, and everything else in between. Honestly, my most favorite part of school is lunch and leaving school, along with Language Arts, but today was going well. Everything seemed so much better with Brad. If only we could actually hang out, though. Unfortunately, that just doesn't seem possible... not now at least. Only time will tell. We just went out to recess not long ago. My super close friends, Melinda Sanchez, Bella Lawford and, Raelynn Thomas decided to play Truth or Dare.

"Hey, Carey", says Bella. "Do you want to play Truth or Dare?"

"Meh, why not?" I respond.

"All rightie, then", declares Raelynn. "Melinda will use her hat for us to pick out one of our names. Whoevers name is picked must start. Let's play."

"Do you want to go first, Carey?", Melinda questioned.

"Of course. I love a good game of Truth or Dare", I said.

Therefore, I picked a name... it was Bella.

"You're up, Bella", I said.

"I pick truth", she stated.

"Okay then. Is it true that you suck eggs for a living?", I asked

"Eeww, no! I'm allergic to eggs and you know.", snapped Bella. "Anyway, let me pick someone else... I picked Carey".

"Really, Bella? Did you cheat?", I asked.

"Good golly, no!", Bella responded. "Now... truth or dare?"

"Hmmm... I'm a challenging person, so I'll choose dare", I said.

"Okay, here it is... I dare you to tell me who you like!", said Bella.

"Umm... Umm...", I was speechless.

After an awkward silence, Bella shouted.

"Spill it, Carey", she said.