Chapter 3

Where?
I woke up to a dark room. A faint hanging light was in the distance. I got up and strained my eyes. I saw someone there, it was Holly! "Holly!" I yelled. "There's no point. Mom and dad are gone. So I'm leaving...forever." Holly said with a sob. I ran towards her. "Stay away!" She screamed at me. I saw a rope hanging from the ceiling with a...slip knot at the bottom. Holly stood on a chair and placed it around her neck. "No! Stop!" I screamed at her. She stepped off the chair. Before she stepped off she said, "I'm sorry.."

I gasped and woke up with a start. "It's not real it was just a nightmare.." I mumbled to myself. I looked around. Where am I? I thought and got up from the cold floor. How did I get here..? I thought and walked around the room. I put my hand on the walls to look for a light switch. I walked around the room and felt a smooth object on it with something similar to a light switch. I flipped it and it turned on the lights. There was a door. I opened it and looked around for an exit out of this weird house. "Holly?" I said. I heard a thud come from another room. I walked towards the repeating noise coming from the room. I opened the door and saw Holly being pushed into the walls by some guy.

"Hey! Stop it!" I yelled with anger. He turned around and looked at me. I saw his face, he was no person. I didn't know what he was.

He snarled at me and continued to hurt Holly. I tried to rush to help her but the building was being torn down piece by piece. I was standing on a block of cement. A giant wrecking ball tore down a cozy home and turned it into some creepy mansion. It looked creepy, it wasn't anything like any other house...there was some thing about it that gave me the creeps. I shut my eyes and opened them. I was in another room. Oh great what is it now! I thought and I looked a bit around. I saw Holly sitting on what looks like an uncomfortable bed. "Where are we?" I asked. "I don't know just some house I dragged you to. You fainted and I found you and brought you here." She replied. "Well that explains that.." I mumbled and got up from the floor. "Ouch, my head!" I grunted. "How long was I out?" I asked. "A few days." She answered. "Well let's find a way out of here. This place gives me the creeps." I said and headed out the room with Holly behind me.

I opened the door and saw a hallway full of doors. The hallway was dark and there was a lounge light hanging every two feet of darkness. "I don't like this." Holly said and shivered because of the sudden cold. "Didn't you drag me in here?" I asked. "It didn't look like this before. It was well lit and warm. It was cozy..." She trailed off. I didn't reply and went through across the hall to another door. It was locked. I puffed and went to the next door and it opened, but I wish I hadn't.