Riccardo: The Vampire Prince

"W-what are you, Riccardo?" I breathed horrendously.

"Tia." Riccardo whispered looking at me wide eyed, taking gradual step towards me.

As if instinct, I took slow steps backwards, afraid of the monster that stood before me in the form of Riccardo.

My steps became faster as Riccardo got closer, he was walking on eggshells around me with his hands out, as if he was scared I was going to run. And running was what my mind shouted at me to do, I needed to get as away from this creature as fast as possible, but I somehow didn't run; something was stopping me.

"Tia, please hear me out." Riccardo pleaded, his once dark, cold eyes looking crystal blue again, filled with desperation.

Riccardo's eyes might've been back to normal but my eyes couldn't miss the slightly dried blood that was at the corner of his mouth, blood that was Drew's who was probably dead right now. Riccardo had killed Drew and I was a witness to it.

My heart was racing like it's never before and all the blood seemed to drain from my body at that thought. I felt cold and most of all terrified. Riccardo was a killer, a murderer and I had spent so much time with him.

I shook my head. "No, you're a killer. Get away from me!" I shouted then made a run, I ran away from the killing monster who I thought I had feelings for.

"Tiana, wait." Riccardo appeared in front of me in the speed of light.

I gasped at his sudden appearance and at the speed he moved at. Riccardo grabbed my shoulders gently and looked deeply into my eyes. I refused to look at him, so I felt his hand on my chin as he lifted my face levelling it with his. "Look at me Princess." He whispered.

I slowly lifted my lids and looked into his blue orbs. "Let me explain everything to you, just give me one chance."

"You killed him." I whispered between clenched teeth and moved away from his touch, I didn't want this creature touching me.

Riccardo pulled away slightly and shook his head. "Drew's not dead, he's unconscious for now but when he wakes up in the morning he'll be absolutely fine."

I swallowed hard. "What are you?" I asked each word slowly.

Riccardo just looked at me expressionless for a few seconds, as if reading my face before he sighed heavily. "I'm a vampire."

"What? How...how is that even possible?" I breathed.

"It's very complicated and I will explain everything to you, I just need you to calm down and hear me out properly." He was again walking on eggshells around me as I backed away from him.

"Nothing you say or do will change the fact that you're some kind of animalistic creature that could've killed Drew. I don't want to hear anything you have to say." I said and ran again this time towards the gate. I had no idea how I was to get home, but I wanted nothing but to leave; to get as far away from Riccardo as possible.

"Tiana!" Riccardo called and once again was standing in front of me, preventing me from exiting the grounds.

He reached out for me but I back away. "Don't touch me!" I snapped.

He took in a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. "Fine, fine I won't touch you, I will do whatever you say. Just don't run off on your own. Let my car drop you off home."

I shook my head. "I don't need your favours. I am much safer being away from you and anything that relates to you. I would never know if your driver is like your kind and will kill me the same way you probably did to Drew."