Erasing the Vampire

Amazing trailer on the side made by LikeaBlackbird

Riccardo moved in close to me, so close that I could feel his breath on my face, he then shifted my hair to one side and I could feel his warm breath brush against my bare neck. He traced small circles up and down with his finger on my neck causing my breath to hitch.

"You see this part of your neck Tia?" he whispered.

"Under this thin layer of delicate skin is your carotid artery, blood is pumping, pulsating directly from your heart here, I can hear it, smell it and almost taste it."

"It takes practice but within time one bite and you can get direct access to the sweet blood pumping through here, without wasting a drop, without a mess all the blood would flow effortlessly down my throat."

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to fight the urge to block it out, just one bite and I can easily indulge on the precious, sensuous liquid flowing so rhythmically?" He continued rubbing my neck; I could feel my pulse beat against his touch.

He moved his hands away and lowered his face to my neck, I could feel his breath move in closer to my neck, my heart was frantic in my chest and I had no idea what was happening, I could feel Riccardo's lips at my neck. I was confused, muddled, cluttered, you name it. How could this be happening? How can Riccardo be a vampire? Most importantly I was just sitting idle and waiting for him to actually bite me? How can I be so stupid?

I pushed Riccardo away with all the amount of force I could, he moved away but not as far as I suspected considering the amount of strength I used. He looked taken aback for a split second then he looked blankly at me with a tint of hurt in his eyes.

Trying not to show any fear in my voice I asked, "What kind of sick freak are you?"

"Tia?" Riccardo more like asked taking a step towards me.

I stepped back, "Don't touch me!"

"Tia, please listen to me-" he took another step, with his hands forwards as if he were trying to reason with a mental patient. Oh Riccardo, you are the mental patient here not me.

"No! I...I need to go... Somewhere, anywhere...I need to get away from you." I mumbled running a hand through my hair and fastening my steps.

I ran away from the kitchen having no idea where I was headed, could Riccardo be what he said he was? Could he really be a vampire? It was impossible, how can he be something that didn't exist? But how did he know so much about my artery and hearing my blood pump? Why did he sound so hungry when he spoke?

I was terrified no horrified, I spent a night with some freak and now I had nowhere to go, where would I go? I had no one here, by the time I get on a plane back to Australia Riccardo would've had enough time to get me.

I ran and ran, until I eventually reached outside, I wasn't looking where I was going, I wasn't thinking straight, I didn't even realize my vision was clouded by fresh tears. I suddenly bumped into something or more like someone when I looked up to brown eyes.

"Tia?" he asked.

I asked breathlessly, "James?"

"Tia what's wrong? You look distressed." He asked with furrowed brows.

He grabbed my hand, "Come on let's go inside and talk about it."

I abruptly pulled my hand out of his grasp, "No, there is no way in hell I am stepping in that house again; not with that...that freak in there."

"Freak? What are you talking about Tia?" James asked obviously confused.

He chuckled, "You and Ric had another argument right? Oh Tia, don't take his words to heart, Ric is probably just teasing you, no need to get so worked up."