Tryouts

***Alli's POV***
"How do you have time to practice with all the work we have?" I hear someone yell below me as I throw the ball into the bottom hoop. I look down to see who dared to disturb me while I was so focused. "Ya know, you'd get a lot better if you had a keeper in front to those hoops." Wood says in his thick Scottish accent while flying towards me. 

"Don't get too cocky there Oli." I said with a slight laugh. 

"I'm just getting started." He says with his arms out in a show off-y manner as is broom inches back towards to hoops. I roll my eyes as I zoom down to the other end of the pitch. 

"Ready Wood?!" I shouted, loud enough for him to hear me. 

"If you wanted to score you shouldn't've given me a warning!" He yells back. 

"As if that'll make a difference." I laugh as I make my way back down toward the cocky keeper. I twisted and turned as if there where a full team of players on the field. As I near the hoops I fake a shot at the right hoop before zipping up and putting it in the middle one. 

"Not bad Williams. Not bad at all." Wood says as he chuckles and claps with slight admiration 

"Well, I did tell you at the welcoming feast how I'd been playing all summer." I respond as I start to fly to solid ground. 

"That you did." He says as he follows my lead. 

"So if you make the team, do you have a promised slot for the team next year then?" I ask in hopes that if I do make the team than I have a spot for next year. 

"Not necessarily. Most of the time you will get it again but it happens every now and then that someone will take your spot and you get put on reserve." He explains as I place the quaffle back in the box with the rest of the other quidditch balls. "I was on reserve for my first year so don't be upset if you are too." He said as patted my shoulder as stalked off, presumably to go eat. I followed behind about five minutes later after placing the equipment away. I made my way to the great hall as it was about 6 in the evening. I found my friends sitting in a small circle in the middle of the Gryffindor table. I squeezed myself in between George and Charlie. I listened carefully as the three brothers and Wood discussed the need for new chasers this year. Oliver and I exchanged a look before turning back to our plates. 

"I know we have three on reserve but I want to focus on the chasers as two of ours graduated last year. I know I'll more than likely be bumping two up but I'll need two players to replace the two on reserve we lost." Charlie says before biting into his toast. Charlie and the twins finish before Oliver and I do. 

"Hear that?" He asks, mouth full of eggs. "You have a shot at at least reserve!" He exclaims before shoving another fork full in. "I'm off to finish my work. Do you wanna walk back up with me?" He asks as he starts to rise. 

"Yeah I'm pretty well done so I might as well." I say as I set my fork down on my plate. We spend the walk up talking about our favorite professional teams. He said that he grew up watching the Scottish National Team but they've been doing awful lately. He's been keeping up with Puddlemere United instead. I told him that Bulgaria has an amazing team and I keep up with their scores even if they're not my favorite. I told him that my mother and I both watch Ireland, as much of a bandwagon team they've become. Once we arrived in the common room, we grabbed our things and continued our discussion.