Epilogue

Epilogue

(Please read last author's note)

Jessica's POV

"You cannot do this to me!" I yell at them. They ignore my testimonies and continue to fill the needle with a poison that can kill me in a minute.

I made it to court, and they charged me guilty, sentencing me to death for my treason. All those lives I have ended, I'm finally paying the large price for it, my removal of breathing in the fresh air, feet in grass, the things I used to do when I was innocent.

Now I'm restrained this chair, sentenced to death by poison.

This time, I have regrets for doing what I thought was right. Killing people for sport only satisfied me for a little bit, but then I realized, the blood is going to be on my hands for the rest of my seconds.

Why did I think I had a chance of getting Mitch back? Why did I think that killing his fiancé would be the proper answer? I should have actually used my brain to win him over, but that wouldn't work either. I can tell that he loves her with all his heart, and she loves him with all her heart. I was so starstruck and in love that I couldn't see the truth right in front of me.

I feel a small jab in my arm and I give a shriek as I can know what's happening.

I instantly start to feel my blood slowing down, my heart coming to a complete stop.

I start to see a bright white light fill my sight. That's when I know it's time to take my last breathe.

I'm sorry mother, father, sister Katherine. I wanted to get back at the world, for the bombing. You died too soon, and I lost my mind after that, I wanted to find comfort in the arms that used to hold me when I was sad. I just wanted it one more time, how selfish I was.

Revenge didn't help me this time.

My heart's taking it's final few beats, my breathing stopping.

It only made me fall.

-:-:-

Ashley's POV

10 months later

10 months ago today, the war which has been causing many of my soldiers to fall ended. I ended it. I started to bring peace to me and the survivors of what I like to call the 77th Hunger Games.

Later I found out Alanna wanted no part of the plan anymore after me and Mitch got engaged. Alanna disappeared after that but Ryan never bothered to notice, so she didn't partake in the plan. She came back one month after I killed Ryan and she lived a normal life again since she was ordered around by Ryan and never actually killed anyone. Alanna has now grown a bond with us and she found a great man named Koby to love.

Me and Mitch got married 7 months ago and the picture sits next to me on the nightstand in bed. I'm happy with him and he's happy with me. We're planning to have a future with about one or two more kids so the Hughes family tree can live on forever

I had my child almost 3 months ago. It was a boy, and we named him Tyler.

Adam was released from the hospital 9months ago after being in a coma from a gunshot by Ryan. He and Alesa had a child and named him Mason.

Everything has been going great for everyone. Everything was fantastic.

I was at war for so long, never letting my guard down for so long, protecting them for so long, and now I can be happy for even longer.

I was ready to kill and prepared to die.

-:-:-

Thirty years later, Ashley and Mitch died from cancer but died side by side. The family tree grows to this day and the story of the 77th Hunger Games is told over and over again.

Ashley was 49.

Mitch was 50.

They had a great legacy and went through a lot together. They loved each other so much it was almost like a fairytail. They've had their ups and downs but they survived hanging off the cliffside. They also learned many things. Things some people don't learn.

Those who kill must be prepared to die.

-:-:-

Holy shit.

The trilogy is over.

I can't even believe this myself.

(I'm about to get really cheesy here)

I would love to thank you all so so so so much for being with me as the series developed and grew. And as I became more popular and as my writing blossomed into something great. I couldn't ask for better fans than you all. The love and support is incredible and the fact that you all have been sticking with me for over a year is amazing. You all have been helping me slowly but surely through my depression and are always encouraging me with kind words. I don't know how to thank you.

When I first wrote the first book, I thought that no one would ever read it and I wouldn't ever become popular.

Now, the book is almost at 100k reads and I have made it into a trilogy a

I love you guys so much and I hope you'll follow me and my adventures in my other books and future books. I want to stick with you guys for a very long time.

If you ever want to keep in touch with me, or talk to me, or need someone to talk to, don't ever hesitate.

Instagram: @__Benjas_Betty__ and @wallereri
Twitter: @_BenjasBetty _
Kik: @Happycat8592 (It's an old kik I revived)

Or DM me here on Wattpad.

If you enjoyed this chapter and the last one, please leave a vote and a comment of your thoughts. And follow for more fanfictions and more of my anime trash self.

One more time, thank you all so much and see you hopefully on the next book.

Keep calm and read on,

~Nat 💕👏