Sirens

Chapter 17

Jerome's POV

Sirens start to wail in me and Louise's room. The sounds pounds against my eardrums, and I hear nothing but that.

"Shit!" I spit out the word and throw the sheets off of me.

"When the fuck were those installed?" Louise groans.

"A few weeks ago. We gotta go!"

"Where the hell do we go?"

"The basement! They always have the fellow neighbors run down there in case of a break-in!"

"Who's-" Louise realized the answer to her own question. "That was a stupid ass question,"

"We have to get down the basement hella fast before we get killed!"

"What about Ashley and Mitch?!"

"They can handle on their own! We have to get to the basement! I'm sure they were the first ones there!"

We run out without grabbing anything, without anything to lose.

-:-:-

I'm running down the hall where residents are starting to use the finger-tip activated door. Many people are pressing their thumbs against it and getting in. The process is snail-like actually.

I hear faint gun-shots from the next building. We're running out of time.

I press my thumb against it while getting shoved through. I run down the stairs and into the large, man made stone and concrete walls. Dim lights give off a small glow in the room and hushed voices barely fill the room.

The owner of the building closes the new heavy steel door.

I look around for Louise. And I don't see Luke either. A bad thought hits me.

I look next to me to see Mark.

"Mark!" I whisper. He whips his head towards me. "Where are Louise and Luke?"

"I thought I saw Louise running towards the staircase but I think I did see it."

"I left Luke," I gasp. "She went back for Luke."

-:-:-

Louise's POV

Sprinting,

Siren's wailing,

Baby sleeping.

Blood vibrating,

Heart pumping faster and faster.

Time running out,

So little time in such a big situation.

"Louise Daly..." I hear my name. Jessica steps out in front of me, small shorts, tan skin, hair pulled back, and a black jacket. Something long sleeved for once. And all pulled together with a sinister smile. "Actually, soon to be, Louise Aceti. Such an awful man too,"

"Like you know him better?" I say coldly.

"I know what it's like when he's whispering my name against my neck,"

"Quit with your wet dreams Jessica! No man in this goddamn universe of over one hundred billion stars would want to have sex with you!"

"Mitch would for sure. He's got himself a weak hearted woman. She doesn't even deserve the title of woman. More like, child. I'm sure he would prefer a matured woman like me,"

"At least Ashley isn't killing innocents and hanging other's lives over a bowl of boiling water just because she held a grunge for like what? 8 years? Just over a taken, engaged man!"

"Engaged? To a whore like her? HA! He makes me laugh sometimes,"

"If anyone is a whore, it's you. Wearing booty cut shorts, tiny tops all the time? Why the hell are you even dressing like you're going to a strip club?"

"Please, at least I didn't have unprotected sex because of your little fantasies,"

"Jerome did that because he loves me! Oh wait! You don't know what love is!"

"Enough with the bullshit banter," She takes a shotgun from her belt and aims it for my brain. "Quit your opinions and come with me or you and the child gets it."

Apparently people can't have their own opinions about people without a stick up their ass and people trying to change the way you see things.

But that's another matter from a childish brat ☺️

(Me one year later)
Chill smh

-

I am leaving my town for about two weeks on August 8th to go to my grandmother's house. I'm going to write chapters in advance and publish it on their scheduled dates.

And speaking of scheduled, this once a week thing is actually a good thing for me. I can still write and I can still satisfy you all with my writing.

-

So leave a vote if you enjoyed, comment your thoughts and leave a follow for more fan-fictions and chapters and all that good stuff!

-

Keep calm and read on!

-

~Nat ☺️🔪💕