Chapter Eleven An Angel's Tale

Knowing he had the undivided attention of everyone in the room, Death ceased to stall any further for there was no point nor turning back.

"Soon after the first of our race emerged into existence, as you know we began our conquests. During one of these, we found the means and materials to create powerful weapons known as the Abominations. Once you and I became the Council's enforcers and killed the Nephilim, I salvaged as many of the weapons as I could and hid them in the Abomination Vault to keep them out of everyone's hands; be they right or wrong" he paused and looked back, awaiting input of some sort.

"...Alright? So where is this vault now?" War asked as it was the first question to break through the rest.

"That, I can't, nor will tell you"

Strife was instantly on his feet, fists clenched.
"What do you mean you won't?"

With that, the bickering began once more. But not everyone paid attention. Nicorus had made himself oblivious to the arguing as his own string of thoughts presented itself.
It was obvious by Death's secretive manner to the current subject that these weapons were very powerful. It was no wonder they'd captured the attention of Hell.
That was another problem.
Draegan and the Undead Wanderer had found out about the Vault one way or another. Who was to say they couldn't find it themselves? If that happened...all of Creation may very well have been done for.

That thought alone was enough to make Nicorus lift his head up a little and force himself to speak loud enough to be heard.
"Um...D-Death, can I just...s-say something?"

All eyes fell on the stuttering Angel, no one having been expecting him to speak.
Even Carina was surprised as she tended to stay quiet or as out of the way as possible when the Horsemen had serious disputes. But as she thought about it, one thing was clear. She and Nico had been the ones to find out about the Vault in the first place. So really, they had just as much say on the matter as anyone else.
Carina found the eldest's gaze and rose her brows, hoping he'd come to a similar conclusion.
Death nodded once in response.
Stifle looked ready to protest, but received a hard stare from Fury, while War's expression remained unchanged.

"...Ok, to, um, keep it simple, what if we had to go to the Vault ourselves? What if Draegan manages to find it since he found out about the Abominations himself in the first place? If we all knew where it was, we'd have more of a chance to stop him in case you couldn't make it in time?" Nicorus explained, happy to have his statement out, but worried about the initial response he'd receive.

"...I do understand your point, but only I know where the Vault is" Death answered, a stubborn air to his tone.

The other Nephilim were about to protest, but the Auralin got there first.
"How can you be so certain? Death, if these weapons are as powerful as you're making them out to be, this isn't a risk you can take!"

"Heh, the kiddies are right, but I think you already know that" Strife injected, folding his arms.

"Listen to reason, brother. If these weapons fall into Hell's hands, it won't just be the kingdoms of Heaven and Man that will suffer" War added, the metal of his gauntlet groaning slightly as his fists clenched.

Fury put a hand on Death's shoulder.
"They're all right...you don't have to keep carrying burdens like this by yourself..."

After a moment of silence, Death gave a sigh of reluctance.
He'd given in.
"Very well. But I swear, not a soul outside this room must know. Not even the Council" a pause. "The Vault is located in a small realm near the edge of the Abyss, where I made my residence before our home here was built"

War caught on almost instantly.
"You've been hiding it there?"

"Sooo, you've basically been keeping Doomsday in your basement?" Strife remarked straight after.