Part 11

------------------------------------------------SAVI-----------------------------------------------------

I dragged myself to practice,  I was tired, fatigued, and hungry. The good news was, Coach said I could start competing now. So that means every Saturday I could compete. 

Everyone was stretching out as soon as I arrived. I threw my bag to the floor and pulled my shirt off, this heat was not in the works today. I sighed and looked up to see Aiden talking to some of the guys. He was smiling and seemed to be deep into conversation. So therefore I continued to stare until he caught glance of me and stared back. 

I frowned and looked away, but I could tell he was looking at me. 

I stood up and headed over too Taylor. Coach Jones came out, “Warm up good guys were gonna have a hard practice today” he smiled. I groaned softly. Shit I ate Oreos before I came. Off all days we had to have a die hard practice today. 

Taylor laughed, “Don’t tell me you pigged out again before you came to practice” he replied. I looked at him with a sad face and a pouted lip. “How was I supposed to know that we were going to have a DH practice today” I replied. He laughed. 

“Jeez, Savi didn’t you learn your lesson last time” he smiled. I looked at him. “Shut up Taylor stop laughing” I replied. Well that didn’t work. He laughed more! I sighed. Everyone gathered around Coach so he could give his instructions. 

Aiden was on the opposite side, he had made no effort too to talk to me, so I wasn’t either! I sighed and looked the other way. Fine, we can just leave it at that then. 

“ Running Mertle Beach today, this is a sprint all the way, Aiden’s leading” Coach replied. My eyes narrowed a little and a groan desperately wanted to come out.

Mertle beach was 10 ½  miles. Are you kidding me? I sighed. “Get a break, & get ready for the run” Coach replied. I sat down and began extra stretching. I knew what I was going to get in each order of the run. Cramps, blisters, and definite side pains for those stupid Oreos I just had to have. 

Aiden brushed passed me but didn’t turn nothing. Wow that hit a nerve. I never felt so…ignored. I sighed and decided to just pace myself. 

“Come on guys lets do this, Keep your breathing even and just keep up,I wait for no one” Aiden replied sternly. Everyone listened and started to partner up. Aiden ran by himself ahead and everyone followed. 

Taylor smiled. “Partners? My girlfriend ain’t here” he replied. 

I frowned. “I think I’m going to run it slow today Taylor, I just had cookies” I said with a guilty grimace. He smiled. “I know, that’s why I want to run with you, I’m going to push you” he replied with a smile. 

I shook my head. Taylor was always a good friend. His girlfriend Lacey was just as nice. I smiled. “Ok, but don’t get mad if I puke on your shoes” I replied. Everyone started to sprint now and he was jogging backwards ahead of me as I started to jog. 

“Don’t worry” he replied with a big smile. I laughed and started my run. Maybe I was going to last this run. It was only 6 Oreos. 

……yah right! Every Mile I ran I felt every Oreo cookie bouncing hitting me like freaking knives. 

The side pain slowed me down and I was surprised I kept up with the pack. I refused to grip my sides. It was signs of weakness. But my breathing wasn’t even and that was making it even harder for me to run. I was surprised Taylor still kept up with me. I frowned. I was running to slow to even have a pace. 

“I just go ahead Taylor” I replied. He shook his head and sighed. “your doing great” he replied. I sighed and pushed to keep pace with him.