Prank Day

*Meghan's POV*

Beep beep beep beep beep beep

9 o'clock already? I reach my hand out of the blanket and turn off my alarm clock. I flop back to my bed and sleep some more.

I wake up and look at the clock again. 10:38. This time I get right up and go to the shower. I get ready for the day. I do my usual, casual makeup look, and pull my hair into a messy bun. I change into skinny jeans, a blue tanktop, and a grey sweatshirt that says love in light pink letters.

I go downstairs to get breakfast. Meredith left a note on the table.
Good morning Meg,
I went to get last minute snacks and stuff for the trip.
Call me if you want me to pick something up for you.
I should be back around lunch time.
XOXO Mere

I pull out my phone and text Meredith.

Me: Could you get me some an Arizona, a Dr. Pepper, and a couple waters?

Mere: Sure, do you want food too?

Me: I guess some beef jerky and something healthy, I don't want to be too unhealthy. Lol

Mere: hahaha okay. :)

I grab an apple and swing myself onto the counter. I eat my apple and watch YouTube at the same time. After I finish the apple and a couple videos it is 11:30. I go to our exercise room and walk on our treadmill. I turn on the TV, so it doesn't seem as boring. I watch an episode of Arrow.

"I'm home!" Meredith yells. I turn off the TV and treadmill then run to her. "Hey! Get my snacks?!" I ask her. She laughs, "Yeah, I got them."

She hands me my bags and I run up to my bedroom. I unzip my duffle bag and put my snacks inside it. I keep my drinks out, so I can put them in a cooler tomorrow morning.

I set my bag on the end of my bed, and then go back to Meredith.

"Hey, you ready for tomorrow?" I ask her. "Yeah. Are you?" She asks. "Yea," I answer.

"So, what time do you want to leave tomorrow?" Meredith asks me. "I don't know. We don't have to hurry, but I was thinking before lunch sometime," I tell her.

"Okay," She responds.

I go to the couch in the living room and pick up my book that was on the coffee table. I read until 12:45 and then I go with Meredith to get lunch at Chipotle.

*Back At Home*

It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters, make fun of our exes, oh oh, oh oh.

I am jamming out to "22" by Taylor Swift when Meredith calls me.

I turn off my music and answer the phone.

"Um, what's up?" I ask her. She is right downstairs, why couldn't she just come up here?

"Hey, yeah, um I have something to tell you," she says slowly.

"Okay..." I say awkwardly.

"Okay, so you know your new Kia," she begins. "Well, I was trying to back my Charger out of the garage and didn't realize your Kia was behind me....." She says quickly.

"Oh, gosh, how bad is it?" I ask her nervously.

"It's uh, it's pretty bad," she says honesty.

"........I'll be right down," I say hanging up.

I storm down the stairs and into the garage. The door is slightly ajar, so I just push it open.

I look around. The garage door is closed and my Kia is safely parked beside Meredith's Charger. Confused, I walk behind the cars, but there is no damage.

I am walking back in when I hear Meredith laugh and see her stand up with a camera.

"What the heck! You scared the crap out of me!" I shout.

"You didn't remember putting your car in the garage a few hours ago?!" Meredith laughs.

"I don't know. I thought maybe you just scraped the side or something. I didn't have time to think," I say, finally letting myself relax.

"Sorry," Meredith says, still laughing.

"It's on", I say going back upstairs.

I turn the music back on, but instead of dancing I take a nap.

I wake up in time for dinner. Meredith ordered Chinese and put mine in the fridge for me. She is alseep on the couch. I use this as my chance to get a camera. I start recording in my room.

"Meredith is asleep downstairs right now. Earlier she prank called me, so now I am going to get her back. I am going to fill cups of water and block her on the couch. Let's go."

I tiptoe downstairs to the fridge. I fill 50 cups of water and place them all around the couch so she won't be able to get off the couch.

"I will spray her with silly string to wake her up."

I grab a can of silly string that we had left from my mom's surprise birthday party.

I spray Meredith and she jerks up.

"What in the world?!"

She says pulling the blanket over her head when she sees the camera.

"Hahaha, payback!"

Meredith sits up and notices all the cups. She glares at the camera.

"Really?"

I just laugh and nod.

"You had it coming!"

I turn off the camera and grab my chinese takeout. I go sit down on the love seat. I look back at Meredith and she is still staring at the cups.

"How am I supposed to get out?!" She asks.

"You'll figure it out," I say scooching down in the seat.

When my food is gone I notice that Meredith has made a lot of progress moving the cups out of the way.

"Well, I think I am going to go to bed," I tell her.

"Okay, um, yeah, I will turn off the lights and lock the doors if I can ever get out!" She tells me.

Tomorrow the road trip starts!