Last Day on the Road/Arrival!

*Meredith's POV*

"Adam?!" Meghan says blushing. I grin, they obviously like each other.

"I thought I would never see you again, why are you here?" Adam asks Meghan.
"We're headed to California for Comic Con, what are you doing?" She answers.
"Holy crap! We are too!!" He smiles.

"What do you mean, "we"?" I ask him.

"Oh, sorry, yeah. I brought 3 friends with me." Adam walks to his car and knocks on the passenger window. A tall, tan guy with brown messy hair steps out of the car. He is wearing a white hoodie, dark jeans, and white converse. For some reason I feel my cheeks heat up. After him comes a hispanic guy with big glasses and a maroon beanie. He looks good in his hipster clothes. A petite, tan girl comes up beside the hipster guy and links arms with him. He unlinks their arms and puts an arm around her shoulder instead.

"This is Levi," he motions to the tall one, "and this is Marcus and his girlfriend, Brooklyn. Guys, this is Meghan and her friend...."
"This is my cousin Meredith." Meghan answers for me because I am staring at Levi. I look over at Meghan blushing.
"Hey," I finally manage to get out.

"So your car is fine?" I ask Adam.
"Yeah, what about yours?" He replies.
"We're good, too. So, since we are both going to the same place, do you wanna, I don't know..."
"Sounds fun! Sure!" he says without me even finishing.

Meghan comes up to us so I walk away, leaving them together. I walk over to Marcus, Brooklyn, and Levi.

"Hey, Meredith, right?" Marcus says with his Spanish accent.
"Yeah, and you're Marcus?" I say questioningly even though I know I am right.
"Yup."
"Your friend Meghan seems chill," Levi says.
My smile deflates, "Yeah, she's great."

There is an awkward silence until finally Meghan and Adam walk up to us.

I smile at Meghan. She looks so happy being with Adam again. Too bad Levi seems interested in her.

"Do you guys wanna go, or are we gonna stay here all day?" Adam asks us jokingly.
"Oh, uh, Mere..I think I am going to ride in Adam's car..if that's fine with you.." Meghan says softly.
"Sure!" I say smiling hugely, even though on the inside I am kind of sad.

"Okay, I guess you can follow me," I say to Adam.
I get in the Kia while everyone else piles in Adam's car. I turn on the radio so it isn't dead silent. The passenger door opens. I jump a little and turn to see who it is. Levi grins.
"Mind if I join you?"
I blush, "Come on in."

I turn down the radio a little bit and then buckle my seatbelt. Levi does too.

"So, Adam sure likes Meghan." He says.
"Really? She likes him a lot." I reply.
"It seems like it," he says grinning.
"You can pick the station," I tell him.

He doesn't change the station, but he does turn it up.
"Whatever you wanna listen to is fine," he says looking at me.
I turn away and follow Adam out of the parking lot, onto the busy highway.

During the car ride Levi and I get to know each other.
"So, Meredith, tell me about yourself." He says.
"Okay, um, there's not much to tell. I am 19 years old. My favorite animal is a sea turtle, and my favorite color is mint green. What about you?" I tell him.
"Well, I'm 20. My favorite animal is a tiger, and my favorite color is either bright blue or orange."
"Okay, so what about you family? Any siblings?" I ask.
"One little sister." He answered. "What about you?"
"Two older sisters." I answer
"What about Meghan, you two are cousins, right?"
"Yeah, and my roommate. We had it all planned out since she was 15 and I was 14. She is 19, too." I say grinning stupidly.
He smiles, too.

We keep driving, only stopping for gas and to use the bathroom, until we get to Hollywood. We stop at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I get out of my car, along with Levi, before the other car arrives.

"You wanna get a head start?" Levi asks me. I look at him and smile, "Sure."
We start walking, looking at the stars, on the ground of course.
I take out my phone to text Meghan.

We started walking.

She texts back a few seconds later.

Okay, we just pulled up, keep going, you don't have to wait for us.

I read the text and then go to snapchat. I take a selfie with Levi in the background. I caption it Hollywood Walk of Fame and click to add it to my story.

Eventually Meghan, Adam, Marcus and Brooklyn catch up with us.