Chapter 3

Mitchell looked out the car window as he pulled into the driveway of his new house. "This is way bigger then my house." Mitchell said impressed.

"It may be big but it only has one working shower." Scott said passing Mitchell and into the house.

Mitchell walked up the steps and opened the door. Right in front of him was the kitchen, on the left there was a small hallway that lead into the dining room and on the right there was a door to the laundry room. Mitchell kept walking he saw the family room, the bathroom and the living room.

"Mitchell."

Mitchell turned around to see his aunt.

"There are stairs around the corner if you go up them your bedroom is at the end of the hall."

"Thank you." Mitchell said then went up the stairs. He got to the top and walked to the end of the hall. He opened the door to his bedroom. He walked in. It was huge. There was a queen sized bed, a dresser, a desk, a nightstand and a walk-in closet. The walls were painted a dark blue. On the nightstand there was a box. Mitchell opened it. Inside there was a phone. He was so excited he didn't notice his uncle walking in behind him.

"Like the phone?" he asked.

Mitchell nodded his head. "It's amazing, thank you."

Jay smiled and left the room. Mitchell still couldn't believe he got a phone and that his aunt and uncle were being so cool about pulling the fire alarm at the airport. He walked over to the dresser and opened the top drawer, it was filled with underwear, he opened the next filled with socks, and the next filled with shirts, and the next filled with pants and the bottom was filled with PJ's, swimsuits and more. Mitchell wanted to go around the neighborhood but he couldn't because, Lynne and Jay, did ground him. He walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The bandages were covered in blood and so were his clothes. Mitchell unwrapped his head. He got a warm wash towel and dabbed his face with the warm cloth. When all the blood was cleaned off his face he had bruises on one side from were he fell when he was knocked out and scrapes and bruises on the other side.

Down in the kitchen, Erin was complaining to her mom, "I don't want him staying here. He's just another annoying brother added to the family!"

"You will live with him and you will like it!" Lynne scolded. 

"He can live here, but, you can not make me like it."

"I think you'll grow to like him. He is your cousin."

"He's not one of the cousins I like."

"I think he's cool." Scott said walking up to Erin.

Lynne smiled at Scott. "Well, I'm glad you'll like having him around here."

"It'll be awesome I've always wanted an older brother." Scott exclaimed, "Plus he pulled the most epic prank ever. I could learn a lot from him."

Erin shook her head and went to her room. Her room had a queen sized mattress on a platform bed. Her walls were painted a teal kind of color except for the back wall. The back wall was painted orange, green, and blue in a stripe like pattern. Erin sat on her white, furry bean-bag chair. As she sank in Mitchell walked into her room.

"Wow! Your room is awesome!"

"Mitchell, get out of my room." Erin instructed pointing at the door.

Mitchell held is arms up in defense. "Okay." He said softly. Mitchell left her room on the way out he passed Scott, "I don't think your sister likes me."

"She'll get use to you, she hated my younger brother when he was born and now she's fine with him." Scott ensured. Mitchell forced a smile and went back to his room. He wanted to get along with all of his family but he wasn't so sure he would with Erin. It actually surprised him because at the airport it seemed like maybe he wouldn't get along with Scott.

Mitchell walked into his closet filled with more clothes and a large selection of books. He looked around at the books and he grabbed one that looked interesting to him and sat down on the bed. The book was about some explores who investigated a mysterious town. Mitchell read the book for about an hour. As he kept on reading the more he wanted to go and explore this new town of his. All he could do for now was look out the window and wait till a month was up... or.

"Scott!" Mitchell screamed, knocking on his door about a hundred times.

Scott finally answered the door. "You don't need to knock a million times, I'm not deaf."

"Oh, right, sorry."

"No problem. What can I do for you?"

"How can I get out of the house?" Mitchell asked. 

"Easy," Scott smiled. "You sneak out."

Scott and Mitchell sat on the couch in the basement.

"Okay," Scott began. "Why do you want to leave the house?"

"If you were grounded, would you want to get out of the house?"

"Good point," Scott noted. "Now, I am going to show you how I get out of the house with out going past Mom and Dad."

"How do you know this will work?"

"I've done it before."

"Of course you have."

Scott went over the window that was peeking just above the ground.

"Don't tell me that's how I have to get out of the house." Mitchell fretted.

"It's easy." Scott said. He pushed the window open. "Now, clime out." He gestured at the window.

Mitchell was half-way out the window, when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Quick, Mitchell, get back in," Scott partly pulled Mitchell out then closed the window.

"Hey, guys," Lynne said. "I need you to come up stairs."

"Why?" Scott asked nervously.

"We need to have a family meeting."

"About what?"

"School. It's starting in a week."

Scott let out a sigh of relief. "That was a close one," He whispered to Mitchell.

Mitchell nodded his head. "Come on lets go up stairs."

Up stairs Austin, Erin and Jay sat on the chairs and couches in the family room. Scott and Mitchell took a seat next to Jay on the couch. 

"Alright," Lynne started. "Let's talk about what your behavior at school this year is going to be like."

The kids moaned.

"I know you don't want to here it, but please, give me your attention for a minute," Lynne begged.

The kids stayed silent.

"This year I want you to be more behaved then last year. No going to the principals office," she said looking at Scott. "No talking back to your teacher," She looked at Austin. "No having side conversations with your friends while the teacher is talking, "She looked at Erin. "And no pulling the fire alarm unless their is actually a fire." She said lastly looking at Mitchell.

"For the whole year?" Scott complained.

"Is that too hard to do?"

"Yes."