Chapter 9

Lynne, Scott and Mitchell sat on the couch. "Okay, so what exactly happened at school?"

Scott began. "Mitchell and I walked into history class. I sat down in a seat in the right corner at the back of the room. Mitchell sat in the seat right next to mine. A minute later Jack came in. He was in a really bad mood. He pointed at the seat Mitchell was in and he yelled at him saying it was his seat and Mitchell needed to move."

Lynne looked at Mitchell. "What did you do Mitchell?"

"I said no. Jack got really mad and started screaming at me. We were the only three in class so no one was their to stop him. He picked me up and I tried to get down but he's really strong."

Scott butted in before Mitchell could continue. "Mitchell struggled for another minute trying to get down. Every second I noticed his eyes starting to turn more bright blue. Then a blinding flash came out of his eyes and Jack flew back across the room and passed out. All of the chairs and tables were overturned too. We didn't know what to do. Then our teacher walked in and we ended up in the principals office."

"What did you say to your teacher?"

"That we got in a fight." Mitchell replied.

"Does Jack remember anything?" Lynne asked. Mitchell shrugged his shoulders. "Mitchell, I think you just discovered your ability."

Mitchell wondered if now was the right time to mention the time traveling. Instead he just asked a question. "Do you know what else I can do?"

"In a way, yes. Your eyes are very powerful. They can do a lot. It's like a three in one. Your eyes can blind people momentarily or permanently, depending on how bright you make the flash. They can also hypnotize people and you can create a powerful blast, which is what you did at school. Only three people have this power. Well, that we no of. It's only given to the most powerful of our kind."

"Who are the three people who have this power?" Scott asked.

"Well, I actually I don't know the third person. I just remember seeing something in the paper about some weird events that sounded a lot like somebody with those abilities.""

"Who are the other two?" Mitchell asked anxiously.

"You and... Your dad."

"My dad? He had the same power as me?"

"Yes. The third person who has this power I am pretty sure is in our family tree somewhere because we are the most powerful family of our species."

"So, what about my ability?" Mitchell asked.

"For starters you have the most powerful ability. Their are also some limitations you should know about your ability though. One of them is because you have such a powerful one it's also hard to control and if you don't control it properly things can go really bad really fast. You don't know how lucky you are that Jack didn't die. Only use it if you have to and don't use it at all until you know how to use it. And the other thing is because it's such a powerful ability your physical being can only hold that one power so don't be getting to excited waiting for another one to show up."

Mitchell froze. He knew he had time traveled the other day but Lynne just told him it wasn't possible to have another ability. He decided not to tell them, not yet at least.

"Mitchell, with this ability, you could become even more powerful then the species we're battling."

"What other species we're battling?" Mitchell said slowly.

"Their called the the Girestones. We, the Sinquists have been battling the Girestones for many years. It's how your parents died. Their much powerful then most of our species. Our family matches them in strength which is why we our considered the most powerful family of our species. You, Mitchell, have greater power then them. I've yet to see any of them have the power you do. No one ever has been able to hypnotize another person."