Chapter 8

It was about 5 o'clock and Mitchell was watching TV on his phone. Jay and Lynne called the kids down for dinner. Mitchell's stomach was hurting he'd only had a soft pretzel from when he went back in time but then the he no longer had eaten the pretzel when he got back because he had eaten it in the past.

Mitchell ran downstairs and sat at the table. A big cooked chicken was in the middle of the table right in front of him. He grabbed his knife and was about to take some when the chicken started to float. Mitchell scooted his chair back a little as he watched the chicken float in the air and land on Scott's plate. Mitchell's knife flew out of his hand and started to cut the chicken. After the chicken was cut up, the left over chicken bones went right in the trashcan. The cut up chicken pieces all flew in the air and landed on everyone's plates. A ladle then flew into the mashed potatoes got a scoop out and put it on Scott's plate. It did the rest for everyone else. Then the ladle went into the gravy and started to poor on everyone's plates.

When it got to Erin's plate she said suddenly, "No gravy I don't want to get fat!"

Mitchell was still confused at what had just happened. He glanced over at Lynne who gave him a small smile.

"Does anyone want fruit?" Scott added.

Austin raised his hand quickly. A bunch of strawberries flew in the air and landed on Austin's plate into the gravy and splashed all over him.

"Sorry," Scott lied. "It has a mind of its own."

"It doesn't have a mind of it's own, it's your mind," Austin's hands started to turn blue. Mitchell took a step back. All of the sudden, a blue light shot out from Austin's hand and it pushed Scott against the wall four feet behind him, his plate came with him.

"What was that?" Mitchell screamed.

"That was one of Austin's a abilities. It's an energy blast. It will break anything or fly anything many feet behind," Erin said with a mouth full.

"So do you guys just use them regularly like this?"

"We don't prefer they use them to hurt each other," Lynne said looking at Austin.

"Can I go get cleaned up?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, so much for a normal family dinner. Maybe one of these days we'll get one that lasts longer than 5 minutes," Lynne said disappointingly.

"You call flying turkey's normal?" Mitchell questioned.

"Trust me, much weirder things happen around this house," Jay acknowledged.

Scott, still on the floor, smiled and nodded his head.

Mitchell ate his dinner in silence while Scott and Austin cleaned up the gravy splattered on the wall. Mitchell looked at Lynne and Jay. "What kind of abilities do I have?" Mitchell asked seriously. "I mean, I know you don't know what my specific abillities are, but like, abiliities that we all have."

"We'll start training Monday after school, you'll find out then," Jay said not taking an eye off Scott and Austin.

Mitchell woke up early on Friday and he was excited. He got ready for school. He put on a blue T-shirt and shorts. At breakfast no one said a word all the kids were to busy shoving pancakes into their mouths. Scott was eating slowly but quickly writing down false answers on his homework that he forgot to do the night before.

"The bus is coming!" Jay yelled pulling his head in from outside. Austin, Erin and Mitchell got up from the table. Austin tried to pull Scott off of his chair.

"Wait! I'm still eating pancakes."

"You'll miss the bus."

"I don't care," Scott mumbled with pancakes in his mouth.