Chapter 9

"Let me go!" I screamed as someone sat me down in a chair. It was dark in whatever room that I was in, but I could see the outline of a person. He or she walked behind me, tied my arms together and my legs to the chair.

"Silly, silly Eliza." Said the voice. It was a boy's voice, and it sounded familiar. I was pretty sure that I had heard it before.

"Who are you?!" I screamed again. The person walked to the door and turned on the light.

"Kyle!" I yelled with rage. The boy smiled an evil smile.

"That's right." Kyle was a boy from my school and he had a giant crush on me. Last year, when he asked me out on a date, I said no. Then, he kissed me and I slapped him. That day, he promised to one day ruin my life. Today must be that day.

"Let me go right now!" I yelled. "Or else I-"

"You'll what? Call your little boyfriend Justin to come and rescue you?"

"Justin is NOT my boyfriend!" I felt like ripping his hair out! "And someone will find me!"

"Maybe at some point. But it's only 9. Walmart opens at 12 pm. So until then, you're stuck here."

"My friends will notice that I'm missing an come look for me. And they WILL find me!"

"They can't find you if they can't hear you."

"What do you me-?" He took a bit of duct tape and put it over my mouth. He brushed my hair behind my ear and kissed me on the cheek! Jerk!

"MMMMM!" I tried to scream and curse and him, but I couldn't do it with tape on my mouth.

"See you later, sweetheart." He said as he turned off the lights and walked through the door. I heard a click, he locked the door. I looked around the room, and saw a mop, a broom and lots of supplies. Janitor's closet.

I looked down at my necklace and started to cry. What if I never saw Justin again? What if I died of starvation? No, I thought. I need to get out of here. I tried to wiggle free of the knot tying my hands together. One hand got loose, then slid out of the knot. I ripped the tape off my mouth. My legs were tightly tied to the chair, so I grabbed a pair of scissors of a shelf and cut myself free, scraping the back of the leg during the process. It stung, an it was bleeding.

I got up out of my chair an started banging on the door. I screamed and cried. Lying on the ground I kicked the door and ground. I screamed Justin, Meghan and Tyler's names. After about 5 minutes, I realized that it was still dark. I turned on the lights. The room was kind of big. I looked down at my leg, to find a giant scratch on the back of my leg from my ankle to my knee.

------------------------------------------

30 minutes passed, and no one came to rescue me. I was knocking on the door with a empty can of paint.

"Help... Someone... HELP." I moaned and threw the can across the room. I got up, kicked the shelfs, the walls and all the empty cans of paint. This can't be happening! I thought. I was about to close my eyes, and start crying again, when I heard a big crash. I stood up and backed up against the wall. The door broke open and I coughed from all the dust. Walking through the dust and door bits, I saw Justin standing at the door with a giant mallet in his hands.

"JUSTIN!" I ran up to him and hugged him. He lifted me up and carried me out of the room.

"Are you ok? What happened? Who took you?" He asked as he dusted me off.

"Kyle. That jerk." I said. "He tied me to a chair and taped my mouth shut. I was trapped in there for about 40 minutes."

"As long as you're safe now." He said and hugged me again. Then he looked down at my leg an saw the blood pouring out of my leg.

"Your leg!"

"I know. I scratched it when I was trying to break free. But I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You have a giant scratch on your leg. I'll fix it."

"Justin, it's fine, really. You don't ha-" I started to speak, but he picked me up and carried me to the first aid area. He was running really fast, so I had to wrap my arms around his neck. When we arrived, he placed me on a bench them wrapped up my leg in a bandage.

"You didn't need to do that." I said.

"Yes I did. You could've ran out of blood, your leg could've became numb, what if you could never walk again? I would never-" I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. He looked surprised, but then got a bit more calm. We started to pull away.

"What was that for?" He asked. I lifted an eyebrow. "Not that I didn't enjoy it..."

"I know. It was to make you stop talking." He gave me a cute smile.

"Ah." I put my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around. It was perfect. Just like our moment a couple of hours ago, it was interrupted by something horrible. I lifted up my head and looked at him.

"Where are Meghan and Tyler?" Justin closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. Then he turned towards me.

"Kyle."