Chapter three

We thought that it was just a tree branch, so we ignored it. But it started to get louder, so we got more scared. Alex, being the brave one in our group got up and started to walk towards the window.

"Bunch of babies. It's probably just a branch." As Alex was about to open the curtains, Meghan jumped up and grabbed Alex's arms.

"Don't do it!" She screamed. Alex tried to get free, but Meghan's grip was strong. So they sat down. But I needed to know what was there. I stood up and opened the curtains, only to find Justin and Tyler.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" We all screamed. I opened the window so we could hear their answer.

"We got bored." Tyler said.

"What are you standing on?" Brooke asked.

"A ladder. Duh." It felt kind if awkward with them just standing outside of my window, so I invited them in. But being their weird selves, they crawled through the window instead of going through the door. When they were in, Tyler walked up to Meghan.

"So. I hear that you like me..." He said quietly. Meghan smiled and looked into his green eyes.

"Kinda..." After that, they just stood there, staring at each other. Justin, who looked frustrated, walked up to them and pulled Tyler away from Meghan.

"So," Justin said. "What were you guys doing?"

"We were playing truth or dare. Wanna play?" Brooke replied.

"No way. That's for girls. Lets watch a movie."

"I think that I have some scary movies, but we don't have any popcorn." I said. "But we can walk over to Walmart and get some." Everyone nodded, and we left. There is a Walmart about 5 minutes up the road, and I go there all the time whenever I need something. It wasn't that awkward, guys and girls walking together, since we hang out all the time. But something that WAS kind of awkward was that Tyler and Meghan were holding hands the whole way there