Chapter 6

We pulled up to a massive mansion that was at least 15 times the size of my house. I gasped and looked up to see the top of the building. It was a huge white mansion with a circle drive. There was a water fountain in the middle, and everything was surrounded with beautiful trees. My jaw dropped and Aaron chuckled. We pulled up to the front door and a man walked out in a tuxedo. Aaron handed him the keys and he got in the SUV and drove away. From where I was standing, I could see a tennis court off to the side along with a giant swimming pool with a water slide and deck. The house was almost 'W' shaped and had a little house off to the side.

"After you!" Aaron said as he stuck his arm out behind him, motioning me to walk in. I realized I had left my bags in the car.

"Don't worry, the man that took the car will bring your bags up to your room. He's been expecting us." He added after seeing how lost I was.

   "Okay." I muttered. I walked up the stairs and once again gawked at the huge, white and shiny mansion that was staring back at me. I was speechless. I was going to live here. After everything I had been through, I had a dad, a home, and friends, and it was only Tuesday. I was going to love my life. I walked in the big, clear front doors that opened on their own. I walked into a circular opening with a big, round table in the middle with a pot of flowers, a phone and a notepad with a pen, and some business cards sprawled out. I took a few more steps and saw the the house was four stories high and there were two staircases that led all the way up.

"Your room is on the third level. It's the first door on the left." Aaron said while walking towards a door that said 'Kitchen'.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm gonna go make dinner. I gave my chef the night off. He had to go to a wedding." He said while pushing on a swinging door and walking out of the room. Once again, I felt awkward. I was standing there with my mouth hanging open. How did he manage to do that to me all the time? Did he think that living in a big house and being handed a wad of cash for clothes was something that was completely normal for me?! This was all new to me. I headed up the stairs to my new bedroom. I opened the door and nearly fell to my knees.

 The room was huge! It was all Paris-themed. My favorite! In one corner of the room, there was a couch and a coffee table with a flat screen T.V. In the other corner, there was a wide white book shelf with black bean bag chairs on both sides with a pink shaggy rug in the middle. There was a mini Eiffel Tower and a few empty picture frames on top of the bookshelf. I couldn't wait to fill those frames with special memories I knew I would soon make. In another corner, there was two dressers and  doors, which I assumed was the closet and the bathroom, but I would get to that later. In the last corner, it looked like the wall was curved, as if it was circular. There was a white curtain over it. I walked over and pulled back the curtain and my eyes grew. There was a bed in it. a perfectly round bed with a black comforter with Paris written in all different fonts and sizes. There were tons of pillows. "Wow." I whispered. I shut the curtain back and kept looking. against one wall, there was a desk with a laptop and a mouse and mouse pad, a notepad, a cup with pens and pencils, and a bright, and extremely fancy looking lamp. next to the desk, there was a small filing cabinet, I stumbled over to it and open every drawer. There were all different art supplied and school supplies and a place to put all of my school work. I smiled. I looked around the room once more and saw double french doors on the other side of the room, across from the desk. I opened them. "Oh my gosh!" I screamed. I have a balcony! my very own balcony with a rocking chair and table. It was perfect to sit and read in while  the sun rose or set.

 I walked back inside and admired the rest of the room again. The walls were half creamy grey with white trim through the center and the other half of the walls were black.There were three windows, One big one,and two small. There was a huge metal Eiffel tower hanging on the wall too. The floors were dark wood. Everything was lovely. I sat down on the couch and sprawled out so I could I relax and take in everything. But then I realized that I hadn't opened the other two doors. I got up off the couch and walked over to the doors and opened the one on the left.

I soon found out that this was my closet. It was a walk in closet the size of my room! The walls were lined with shirts and underneath them were dressers with skinny drawers fill with jewelry and accessories. Purses, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, everything. The far wall was filled with dresses. I would definitely need these for school dances and stuff.

I was so happy I cried. everything was perfect and the more I thought that, the more I found it hard to believe. My life made such a quick turn around. I knew that I just kept thinking that over and over again, but I couldn't ever make myself believe it. This was crazy.

I walked over to the other door and opened it. It was my bathroom. It was the same size as the closet and held a large sink, a bathtub, a huge shower with six shower heads that all met in the middle, and a very fancy looking gold toilet. I laughed. This was to good to be true. Everything I had bought earlier was in place, even my clothes. I walked back into my room and looked at the clock on the wall, next to the big giant 'A' that was hung buy a black ribbon. It was now seven p.m. Time had flown by!  I heard a beeping sound and looked towards my bedroom door. There was an intercom next to the light switch and I walked over to it and pressed the button and immediately heard Aaron's voice.

"Hey! How do you like your new room?" He asked.

"I love it. Thank you so much." I said with a shaky voice back into the machine.

"You're welcome. I wanted to make you happy." He said. I could here the smile in his voice.

"Well you definitely did that! I laughed.

Well dinner is ready, I made Mac N Cheese.'' He said while laughing.

I said okay and headed back downstairs and through the kitchen door I saw Aaron walk through earlier. He already had the giant table set for two. One on the side, and one at the head of the table. two bowls were set out with macaroni and cheese. I sat down at the place on the side and he sat down in the head chair. We said our prayers and began eating in silence.

After about 15 minutes, I decided to speak first. "So does this mean my last name is Miller now?"

"Well, it's not official until the papers are signed my Meredith. She is out of town for the next two days on business, and then the papers have to be processed and signed by a judge. But if they are approved, then yes, that will be your new last name." He said while yawning and scraping together his last bite and eating it all at once.

"Okay." I muttered.

"Well I know its early, but I''m gonna head off to bed. You should do the same, sweet pea." He said, looking exhausted.

I nodded my head and headed upstairs. I opened my door and caught something out of the corner of my eye that I hadn't noticed before. The biggest window was open and my pink curtains were blowing around from the wind. I stared at the window in silence. I turned around and saw my closet door was open. Had I left it open? I thought I had closed it, but I honestly couldn't remember. I walked up to my closet as silently as I could and froze. In the back of my closet, digging through the shirts on the far end of the right wall, was my Father.