Chapter 10

Well I know its been forever, but I've had these headaches and I can't look at a computer screen very long. But stay with me! I have REALLY big plans.

Ashley's POV

I woke up on a couch in another empty room. How many times was this gonna happen? I pass out, then I wake up the next morning on some strange couch, with no one around, always. I think it's time I take charge of what happens to me, and I'm not gonna let anyone get in the way. I gently pulled my body away from the couch and stood up. I let out a long groan as I stretched to get rid of my sleepiness. I straightened up, but I was still really stiff. I looked down and saw that I was in a fresh pair of clothes, Plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt. I was really confused now. Where was I? I walked to the other side of the room and opened a big wooden door. I stumbled through the opening and into the next room, which was a kitchen. I heard a few whispers. It sounded like only two people. I looked around for people, but I couldn't see anyone. I walked around the corner and I was surprised with two very familiar people from school. Vanessa and Colby! What were they doing here?! I had just been kidnapped by my dad and the doctor from the hospital! They weren't supposed to be here! This still wasn't making any sense. They had yet to see me. I silently crept back around the corner and tried my best to listen to their conversation, but all I managed to make out was "We have to help her get away from here, she needs us, and she can't find out why they want her!" Who was they? I wanted to know, and I wanted to know now. I ran back around they corner and saw their surprised expressions. They both looked at me like I was an alien that had just proved my existence to Planet Earth. In my head I prepared to use my demanding voice and I put on my angry-but-helpless look and pulled out my pleading eyes, which were so easy to make since they were bright blue. I began with a shout to get their attention. "What's going on?! Why am I here?! I was locked up in a cellar! How did I get here?! How did you two find me?!" Colby just stood there in shock, with his jaw dropped. Vanessa was the one that finally spoke. I knew she always seemed like the most talkative one. "W-well, w-we found you. You were chained up underground and unconcious. We saved you and brought you back to my house." Well that sounds a bit cliche, I thought. I spoke again, but this time with a softer voice. "S-so am I safe now? Like, I'm free to do whatever I want?" "Uh, well, we'd prefer if you didn't leave the house, I mean, You are still vulnerable for kidnapping again." She replied. "Well that's just great." I said sarcastically.  I put my hands on my hips and slowly turned around and walked back to the couch. I wasn't in the mood to deal with this right now. I wasn't sure how Vanessa and Colby were involved, but I planned on figuring it out on my own since no wanted to tell me anything. Vanessa called my name. I turned around and looked at her. I spoke again. "What?  If I'm gonna be stuck in the house, I might as well sleep. Right?" " I guess..." She said while looking down at the floor.  I turned around and continued to walk back to that room with nothing but a couch.  I saw a bag next to the couch.  I walked over to it and picked it up.  I looked inside and saw the potato sack dress I was wearing the previous night.  I put the bag on the floor and lay down on the couch.  I needed to think about what was going on. I let out a deep sigh and started from the beginning.

 It all started when I came home from school on the first day. The house was totally destroyed. That morning was the very last morning that I saw Emily. I missed her so much. I hoped she was okay.  Then, it was my dad showing up at school.  Then, he showed up at my new house.  He was with someone else, it was the security guard from the unit.  Then, Aaron and Meredith started to ignore me.  And finally, I was kidnapped by two men inside my room and chained up in a cellar.  Then, Vanessa and Colby rescued me and it brought me here.  But even after realizing everything that had happened, I still didn't know how it all connected.  It felt like everyone was after me, even the people who say they loved me.  What did I have that everybody wanted?  Why was I so important?  Just then, Vanessa walked in and interrupted my thoughts.  She began to speak. "Hey, remember what I told you on Monday?  That I was having a party today?  I invited you.  I still want you to come.  It's here at my house tonight at seven.  It's a sleepover with a whole bunch of other people.  Do you still want to come?  I would love to have you here."She sounded nervous, so I thought for a moment.  I didn't really know anybody else from school.  I wasn't really going to know anybody else at this party…  except for Vanessa.  I thought it would be kind of awkward, but I decided it was probably best to get my mind off things, so I said yes.  Maybe it will be fun, maybe.