Chapter 9

I got more comments! (: Thank you!

Please keep them coming!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Aaron's POV~

I let go of Ashley's shirt and threw her back down on the couch. I walked out of her room and down the stairs. I stumbled into the living room and fell onto the couch. What was wrong with me? How could I be so cruel to that little girl? She always thinks she is being such a burden and she tries not to be, and I just yelled at her for it. I shed a few tears, but not many. I wasn't one to show much emotion. I wanted so badly to go back upstairs and apologize, but she was so scared of me. I saw her hands shake, and her chin quiver, and her blue eyes fill with tears. I watched as they spilled onto her cheeks as she sobbed. She just wanted someone to love her. She always felt like she was an accident. I remembered the night that I picked her up from that kid's house. I think his name was Robert. I read her file before I went over there. She had been kidnapped, and there were records of a few fights she had been in. Her foster parents abused her, and she was bullied by kids in the neighborhood. She was responsible for an infant. She had suffered from Depression for about a year. Her parents abandoned her and left the country. She had never lived with a happy family. She never had any reason to be happy, except for the fact that she was still alive and breathing. She was always covered in bruises, and she never liked to talk about it. She also suffered from anxiety attacks, and sometimes when she couldn't handle things, she would run into the kitchen and break all of the glass plates by throwing them on the floor or she would punch through a wall or something. Then, she would curl up in a corner of the room and cry herself to sleep and stay that way until a social worker came back and found her. I loved her so much. She was my little girl, and I was her dad, or at least I was supposed to be. 

I decided not to go back upstairs and apologize. I hadn't really called her social worker. I would apologize in the morning after we both had gotten some sleep.

************

  I woke up bright and early the next morning and called my chef on the intercom and told him to make breakfast. I let Meredith sleep because she was stressed and exhausted. She wanted to stop me from yelling at Ashley yesterday, but she knows what might happen of she does that. I take medication, and sometimes it makes me get really angry. It plays with my emotions and I can't help it. I love Mere and I love Ashley, but I have to take the medication, fortunately it won't be for much longer. I hopped in and out of the shower and put on my clothes for work. I walked upstairs, planning on waking up Ashley so she could eat breakfast with me. I knocked on her bedroom door, but there was no answer. I slowly turned the knob and quietly pushed the door open, in case she was still asleep. I walked inside and looked around, but I couldn't find her. I pulled back the curtain in front of her bed, but she wasn't there. She wasn't in her closet or the bathroom, and she wasn't on her balcony. All of her personal things were gone. Her Ipod, Her phone, Her school stuff, everything. But then I looked over to the couch and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. Tears threatened to climb down my face, which was really unusual for me. I didn't know how to hold them in, so they just spilled over, and I felt worse and worse the more I cried. There was blood everywhere. I spotted her backpack on the floor next to the couch and I walked over and opened it up. There was all her personal stuff. Even the few things she brought with her when she came here. It then dawned on me that she was planning on running away last night, but someone had stopped her. Someone had gotten to her first. I looked over at the couch and saw a note written on the paper from her notepad that was on her desk. I reached down to pick up the note, but quickly thought better of myself. This was now a crime scene, and even though it was just Ashley, I still had to treat it like one.