Chapter One

Yank!

"Oww! For all that is holy, you are pushing my intestines up into my stomach!" My shoulders shook with the strain of gripping the bedpost for dear life.

"My apologies, Mi Lady. Should give you a moment?" Elvlin my hand maiden and friend, bowed her head as she stepped back from my suffocating corset. I waved her off.

"No, no need. Carry on." I sighed and readied myself for the agony to come.

***

"Levi!"

I placed my violin down, turning to the door awaiting Isabel to come barreling in. Which she did. With more noise than usual.

"What?" I crossed my arms.

"Two hundred silver!" She gasped shoving a scroll into my palm. "The pay is two hundred silver!"

My eyebrows lifted as I unfurled the paper as it would catch fire in my hands. "So the rich folk have finally heard of me, aye?" Isabel nodded vigorously as I scanned the neat handwriting. "A wedding."

I sighed and stuffed the scroll in my pocket, turning back to my violin. Isabel whined behind me. "Look, Levi. I know you hate doing weddings, but the pay! Think of what this could do for us!"

I placed my hands flat on the table, tossing the idea around in my head. "I don't even have anything to wear. That is...if I decide to go."

Isabel squealed, knowing that I gave in. "The wedding is at The House of (L/n)! One of the richest families in the kingdom. They'll give you something to wear."