Chapter Eleven

The bells rang loudly in our ears as we waited for them to come back. The air was cold. Frigid even. Isabel breathed onto her hands and Farlan sniffed in his snot, his nose red. This was an impossible situation. We were ordered by the soldiers to stand here, outside of our houses, in the cold as the army walked through this part of the kingdom. It was especially important for our section (mostly owned by the (L/n) family): Sina, where the first born was a commander. The entire town stood before their front doors coughing and sneezing under the cold cloudy sky.

The Kingdom of Edigod was a corrupted place. The king and queen were almost never seen but all powerful. Taxes were brutal. The people were either dirt poor or in some officials pocket. The (L/n) family being one of those many officials. They were the second richest family in all of Edigod, only second to the royal family themselves. They also had almost as much rats around the kingdom as the king, making it dangerous to talk in public about anything political.

The Kingdom was divided into four separate colonies. All partially owned by one powerful family. The colonies are placed in a geographical pyramid, the tip being the most important. The most powerful families or colonies lived closer to the king. The King's Court was on the coast of the Fyoh Sea, the kingdoms second main source of food. The city was built on a huge jagged cliff, the castle being on the very top. They also controlled the money in the kingdom. The second most powerful colony was, of course, the (L/n)'s in Sina. The landscape was pretty rocky as well, but it wasn't as bad. They were responsible for weaponry making, naturally making them most powerful. The third were the Kirstien's who lived Rose in who owned the farm lands. Grass lands went on for acres. They weren't strong since their population only consisted of farmers, but the food they had held the kingdom afloat. The fourth was the Yeager's who lived in Maria. They were separated from the rest of kingdom by Vlus Bay (though I guess they were slightly connected on the sides though the path is very slim and dangerous), a huge body of water that irrigated the Kirstien's farmlands and served as a water resource. They controlled the animals and the navy. They trained wild horses and wolves for the military and were the base of military training. Not to mention, they were in a desert.

The obviously fake polite clapping and cheering, that we were all required to do, got louder and louder as the trots of the horses feet hitting the gravel got closer to us. We all began our clap as the soldiers passed on their strong, tall horses. Slightly in the front was Erwin S. (L/n). The eldest son and the commander. He had an intimidating face and his brows were intense. I hadn't heard anything especially bad the guy except he was related to the (L/n) family. It satisfied me that (Y/n) would get to see her brother again after a long three year war. But was he as horrible as she her mother? Or was he like (Y/n)?

Wasn't my place to ask.

An: Sooo sorry for the extra late update.