Chapter Ten

"What?" I scrunched my eyebrows together in my usual expression.

She smiled non the less which quickly turned into the most challenging look I've ever witnessed in my twenty years. "Teach. Me. You're not afraid, are you?" She wiggled her eyebrows playfully, obviously knowing that no sane man would reject a challenge after having their masculinity threatened. I certainly was not an exception.

"I don't want to hurt a noble. I'd be hung without a doubt!" I got up and turned away from her. It was an impossible situation. On one hand, I had an opportunity to be with her longer. And on the other, I would be hurting her. Training her. Seeing her worst, most vicious side. Oh and of course I would be hung immediately.

"I guess it was a stupid idea." She sighed. Little did I know she was using reverse psychology on me.

I turned to look at her over my shoulder. "Why did you think it in the first place?" I roll my eyes, now with clear vision of the situation.

She just looked away. It was a little dramatic for my taste but I waited for her to speak. "I just know I'll have to learn at one time or another...just to survive." She batter her long eyelashes at me and I rolled my eyes again.

"Just to survive? Says the woman with a chamber twice the size of the mere shack I live in." I glared at her and she looked taken aback by my rudeness.

***

"Wow. It's hard to remember you're poor until your horrid attitude shows itself." I said truly fascinated.

He cursed and went for the door. I forgot that people actually get offended sometimes. Usually the only people I talk to are my servants who pretend I'm some kind of goddess.

"Wait!" I shout, rushing to grab his firm hand. "I am sorry. You're so easy to talk to, that I forgot you were real. That you have real feelings like me. Not the fake ones everyone else has." He slowly turns around and looks at me like he feels the same . I ball up my fists against his hard chest. "You don't have those fake happy looks or that crafted smile that drives me insane, ok? So... please stay a while longer."

I gripped his white shirt, not knowing why I told him all that. It frustrated me that he only had to walk away for me to make me vulnerable. All my life I worked to be my own person. Why do I feel like I can't be my own person without him?

***

She confused me. First she made fun of my life style then she tells me not to go. I couldn't understand. I couldn't care. Everything about her felt like adding a piece of me back together. Adding the pieces I was missing. I don't think I can live without her anymore.

I knew she would hate me and never forgive me for this, but I had to do it.

I lifted her delicate chin and looked her in the eye. I quickly pressed my lips to hers before I could change my mind but I didn't take them away. Neither did she.

I finally broke the kiss. "I'll teach you. I don't care what for or if I get killed. I have nothing to loose but you."

An: :)