Chapter Two

"Mi Lady? Your mother has summoned you." One of my guards bowed as he held the door open.

"Thank you." I sighed folding my hands in front of me and straightening my back like a good little girl. All I wanted to do was slouch. Was that too much to ask for?

We walked through the corridors until we reached my mothers chambers. The guard rushed ahead of me to pull open the heavy door. I walked inside, my mother sitting at her desk in the sun. It made me frown, knowing that as soon as she opened her lizard lips, the illusion of tranquility would be broken.

"Leave us." She ordered the guard in a stern cold voice, not bothering to open her eyes.

"Mi Ladies." He bowed low and closed the heavy door behind him. I took the time to sit across from my mother, waiting for her daily dose of much hated criticism.

"Today is your sisters wedding."

"Yes, Mother. It's all you ever talk about." I rolled my eyes knowing she didn't see me do it.

I turned my eyes back at her and her eyes are in fact open. "You will behave. You will act like the lady that you are or you will stay in your chambers until all of the guests leave. Do you understand?"

I openly roll my eyes now. "Oh what will I ever do? Miss my sisters wedding? What a tragedy!" I placed the back of my hand to my forehead just to mock her.

She slammed her fist on the desk, her teeth gritted. "You. Will. Behave."

I shook my head and stood up. "I hope that one day the world sees who you really are." I left the room without another word.