Chapter Seven

I sat on my "bed" (which was really a straw mattress with old fabric on it) and looked out the whole in the wall that was my window. I held my violin in my hands and absentmindedly traced my rough hands against its smooth cold texture. It was the most valuable thing I've ever owned. Well...maybe not since I had a new suit.

I thought of the girl at the ball and how her big eyes resembled an owl, always calculating and evaluating. And her hair that was so fine yet surprisingly thick like she never brushed it. Her lips when she mouthed my name--

"Levi." Farlan opened my creaking door and handed me a beautifully crafted letter. "Seems like your getting a lot of rich folks attention." He smiled and slid out, not bothering to ask what was in it. I appreciated that about Farlan. His patience was key.

I opened it hesitantly and scanned the small note:

Dear Levi,

I understand that you will be busy playing your music to some other boring people, but I would be incredibly grateful of you could stop by the castle tomorrow. Tell them (Y/n) sent for you.
I eagerly await your visit
-- (Y/n) (L/n)

***

I parade around my room trying not to be too anxious about seeing Levi sometime today. But I couldn't help but think of his eyes, steel grey when he's annoyed... and soft as clouds when he plays his violin. How he said only one word to me but has me completely obsessed. How his hair fell accidentally in his eyes when he moved his body to his music.

I couldn't get enough.

A heavy knock rang on the door. "M'Lady? A fellow named Levi Ackerman claims you sent for him. Shall I let him in or throw him in the dungeons?" My guard seemed rather excited for the later option but I smiled brightly and opened the door myself.

"Please, please, Rodrick. Let him in!"

Rodrick's heart seemed to fall. "Alright M'Lady." He pushed the door open some more and...there he was.

Levi Ackerman stood completely still staring at me with his violin eyes. I smiled even more and whispered, "Rodrick...you're excused."

"Yes M'Lady."