Chapter Four

I had been playing for hours. The ceremony was easy, but this fucking feast was going to kill me.

I played a waltzing song as I watched all the lords and ladies spin happily on the dance floor. The bride and groom took up the middle as the rest of them span around the sides.

They all had it easy. Their lives were full of food and drink, money and power, fake smiles and judgement.

I scanned the table of the brides family. Their father was a big, muscular man with a short beard. Their mother sat beside him, her face young and happy, but her eyes kept glaring at the girl beside her.

The girl beside her...wow. I almost laughed out loud.

Her face was bored and bordering angry. She rested her chin on her fist, slouching. Her beautiful green dress complimented her (e/c) eyes. Her long (h/c) hair shone in the golden candle light and was constantly being blown away from her face. She openly glared at her mother, having an evil eyed staring contest each time her mother glanced her way. She always won.

An: Every girl back then had long hair. I'm sorry if you have short hair in real life but I wanna be consistent. Hope you don't mind!

She had the most honest attitude in this entire room. I respected that.

Beside her sat a boy with green eyes and brown hair. He didn't look like he was related to them and always tried to talk to the girl. He was constantly ignored.

Next to him sat two twins. One a boy and one a girl. They were at least seven years of age and they played with their food. They looked like they were apart of her family.

But their family was none of my business. They were interesting, I'd give em' that. Especially that girl.

***

"Would you mind if we danced, M'Lady?" Eren stood and held out his hand, making it impossible to refuse without drawing attention.

I glared at him and took his hand. "Very much so, yes." We walked down onto the dance floor and began to waltz. I made sure to keep at least a foots distance between us as we twirled on the floor.

This wasn't entirely unpleasant. At least the music was lovely. I looked over Eren's shoulder at the orchestra. The lead violinist seemed rather young to be so good. His black hair made me stare. It
Looked as if it was pushed back for the first time. It fell into his eyes when he moved to his own music.

I was transfixed by his pale face and silver eyes. He looked so passionate. His eyes closed briefly as he finished the song.

The dancers broke away from their partners to clap as they always did. But I stood there staring at him.

It was impossible to look away. It was even more impossible when he caught my eye and returned my stare.

Who was he? I had to know.