Take Me To Neverland

Sarah's POV

His house was so nice.

Obviously a part of me was concerned, I'd only just met him and now I was going to his house and he could be a murderer but I highly doubted it and he seemed nice on text and even hotter on snapchat than I remembered. And when he opened the door and smiled at me my heart sort of did some skippy thing that I wasn't used to and my tummy filled with butterflies.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi, come in," he said, moving aside from the door. I followed him into a kitchen with an oven, stove, sink and workspace all lined up on one wall, all in black. There were cupboards and shelves dotted around the walls and one edge was made fully of window so you could see the darkening city below. I sat down on a stool at the breakfast bar and thought for a second. This guy must make some serious money at his 'computer thing'. I was curious.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asked. I nodded and he passed me a beer. I took a sip, allowing the cool liquid to travel down my throat and into my stomach, the alcohol lightly buzzing in my veins.

"Why are you so nervous?" He asked.

"What?" I said.

"You're really nervous. You don't need to be. I'm not gonna hurt you," he said. I drank again.

"I know. I'm just jittery with people. I've always been like that," I said.

"Well someone as pretty as you shouldn't fear so much. You're safe here," he said, looking into my eyes with curiosity and reassurance. And he was right. This was just 2 adults having a mature conversation with a slight romantic interest. That's all, just mature adults.

*   *     *

"YOU HAVE SO MANY DISNEY MOVIES," I said, overexcited. He literally had every single Disney movie ever. I browsed the collection like a child.

"I used to collect them as a kid. Wanna watch one?" He asked. I nodded, but I still hadn't found the one I was looking for.

"Yeah just let me find the one I'm looking for," I said.

"Which one?" He asked.

"Peter Pan," I said shyly. That was my favourite film but it was a strange choice. It wasn't particularly girly.

"Oh that's in my room. I was watching it the other day. I'll just go and get it," he said, blushing a bit. We had the same favourite Disney film. Good start.

"We have the same favourite Disney film," I said when he got back.

"Yeah I love Peter Pan," he said, taking my hand and leading me into his living room. My face flushed when our hands met.

His living room was bigger than his kitchen, with the same wall of glass showing the city lights and a big TV with some gaming devices underneath, a wii and an Xbox. I sat on the corner part of the corner sofa and watched him set up the DVD player.

"I've watched this film too many times," I said. He laughed.

"I know the feeling," he said. It started, showing Mr Darling telling Wendy she can't stay in the nursery anymore.

"Imagine being told your not a child anymore. Just like that. At least now you get to choose when you are not a child, even if you live to regret that choice," he said. I nodded.

"Exactly! That's what makes it so great when Peter shows up and says I can take you to a place where you never grow up. It's like a 'get out of jail free' card," I said.

"But she doesn't take it. It's almost like she wants to grow up, just not at that moment," he added.

"Yeah but don't we all want to grow up eventually," I said.

"I guess," he said.

"Oh I love this bit," I said, referring to when the children learn to fly.

Think of wonderful things
It's just the same as having wings

"You can fly you can fly you can fly you can fly you can flllllyyyyy," we sang in stupid high pitched voices. I laughed at how stupid we sounded.

"I wanna go to Neverland," I said.

"Me too," he responded and we sat in silence for a bit. Halfway through the film he did that really cheesy yawning thing and put his arm around me. I leaned into his chest.

Martijns POV

She was great.

Just watching her leaning on my chest as the ship flew out of Neverland making me wish this moment never had to end. As the credits rolled she got up off me and yawned.

"I should get going," she said. I felt cold from where her body heat was.

"It's late. Let me walk you home," I said.

"It's okay," she said.

"No. The city is dangerous at night especially for a pretty young girl like you. Just let me walk you," I insisted.

"Okay," she said, putting her shoes on. I put my Nikes on and locked the door behind us. I took her small hand in mine and she led us through the streets.

"There's a short cut through the red light district but I tend to avoid that at night," she said.

"That sounds like a good plan," she said. We walked along the canal, a route I was familiar with. She led me up to her building, a building that was familiar somehow.

"Well here we are. Thanks for walking me," she said. Her eyes locked with mine, looking greener in the moonlight. She was so beautiful. I looked from her eyes to her lips and back again. Then I leaned in to close the gap between us.

Her lips met mine in a torrent of fireworks, and although this was just a simple sweet goodnight kiss it was just perfect and everything I wanted and more. She pulled away and smiled to herself, before meeting my eyes smiling. She then turned around and unlocked her door.

"Bye Martijn. I hope to see you again soon," she said. After the initial shock of the kiss wore off I gave her a wave and walked along.

I walked down an alleyway that led to the back of her building. Funny how it reminded me of the flat where the girl sang. As I walked further down I knew I recognised this from somewhere. And then it hit me when I walked past her window, and heard her voice floating out, talking to Luke it seemed.

Out the same window that I heard that girl singing.

Authors Note

I'm not sure about the ending but at least now he knows who she is.

And they kissed yay!

Adios munchkins