Big descions and unexpected goodbyes

A/N

sorry about always making you wait so long but this chappie is bonus long so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sarah

"It's you."

My heart stops when he says this. I am frozen but then I close the door behind me and sit on the step.

"Sit," I gesture to next to me. He sits beside me, looking nervous.

"I'm guessing you want me to explain," he said. I nodded.

"You don't say," I said shakily.

"Well I used to walk down the river a lot when I was stressed and one day I heard this one voice singing this one song out the window. Always the same song, always the same song. I never knew who sang it and I always wondered. I wrote my track when I was thinking of the voice. But then one day I went to get coffee one morning and met the most beautiful girl with red hair and dark eyes. She made me forget who I am and remember who I want to be. I had no idea that there was any connection between the girl and the voice until I walked her home one day and saw that she lived in the house. I thought of nothing else but how this track affects her and me. But I know what the industry is like. Even an anonymous vocal on a track would lead to hate. So much. I couldn't let you get hurt like that Sarah I care about you too much. But the track was ready and I had nothing else. I was selfish enough to imagine what it would be like if you did. And then I fell in love with you and I knew that nothing would be worse than you hurting. But I can't keep this from you any more. I can't. So I'll let you decide," he sighed after he finished. I was stunned.

"You didn't know who I was when we met?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No. No of course not," he reassured me. "And I'm not expecting you to decide now..."

"No I'll do it."

"What?"

"I'll do it. I want to help you and I want to see how people react to my voice. No ones ever told me I could sing before," I admitted.

"Really?"

"Well no ones ever heard me sing before except my dad around the house and Luke. And now I guess you. And soon I guess everybody," I sighed.

"Well they would be the lucky ones," he said. I blushed and kissed him quickly.

"I'm sorry we fought," I whispered against his lips. He smiled against me.

"I know how you can make it up to me," he whispered back.

"I wish I could but Nate came all the way from England and he's leaving in a few days. Once he's gone, I'm yours," I said and kissed him again before getting up.

"I love you," he said when he stood up. I grinned.

"I love you too," I replied and he walked off. I went back in, took a second to breathe and went to the living room where Nate had just closed the window and leapt onto the sofa.

"You heard it all didn't you?" I asked. He smiled.

"Once he's gone, I'm yours," he mimicked my voice.

"Are you mocking me?" I asked him. He giggled, making me giggle and soon we were just laughing on the floor like weirdos.