Jane and Maura

Jane's POV: A few minutes went by as I was watching Hannah sleep. I think she forgot her parents were dead. I really hope Maura comes out soon. I want to see her pretty face and honey colored hair. Hopefully she will be able to come home soon.
~~~
"Detective Rizzoli?" A doctor asked Jane. Jane looked up.
"Maura has just come out of surgery. As soon as her vitals are stable, she can have visitors who are family. Who are you to her again?" Jane stands up almost offended. "Her wife." She grunted.
The doctor nodded her head and walked away. Jane stayed in Hannah's room filling out the rest of the papers to adopt her. When she finished it was only a few minutes before a different doctor came in.
"Your wife can be seen now if you'd like." The doctor had a friendly smile and Jane liked him better than the one before. Jane smiled at him and followed him to Maura's room. When she walked in she nearly cried. Maura was still all black and blue. She had stitches everywhere and her body was still mostly swollen. The doctor explained to Jane that she was bleeding from her sex organs and the pelvic exam showed all the tearing and bruising was pretty severe. Two of her ribs were broken and her breasts would stay pretty tender for a while.
"You'll probably need to help her apply her medicine and just help her with daily tasks for a while." He finished saying as he offered Jane a seat by Maura. Jane nodded her head and he left her there alone with Maura. Jane took Maura's hand and held it in hers for a few minutes. Maura started to shift awake.
As soon as she opened her eyes, she started to tremble.
"Baby, it's ok. It's just me. He can't touch you anymore." Jane whispered soothingly. Maura didn't realize it was Jane and her eyes filled with fear. "Maura, baby, Its ok." Jane whispered again. This time Maura realized who it was and her eyes turned to look at Jane. She had a weak smile on her face and Said quietly, "Hi tootsie."
Jane kissed her and Maura broke into tears. "Jane... it was awful...they wouldn't stop. I was passed around to so many different men..."
Jane looked at Maura. She was heart broken that Maura had to go through that. "..and I'm in so much pain..." Maura whispered and looked down. "..I missed you Jane.....I kept fighting for my life so that I could see you again.." Jane lifted Maura's face up and kissed her gently on the lips. "I missed you too baby. It broke my heart to know what was happening to you. I was sent a live feed and I couldn't watch it anymore. I just hoped to God that you were alive." Jane responded.
Maura then scooted over and stated, "Come in bed with me."
Jane took her shoes off and did as she was told. She layed next to Maura and stroked her hands through Maura's hair. Maura attempted to snuggle closer but like Hannah, was in to much pain to move so Jane just wrapped her arms around Maura as gently as she could and Maura fell asleep in her arms. Maura was so happy to be able to snuggle with Jane again and took it all in with all the love that Jane poured out.