Chapter 8: First Date

Katniss P.O.V

After our day on the beach Peeta drove me back to my dorm. He walked me to my door.
"I had a really good time today Katniss."
"Me too Peeta." I said. He leaned in and we kissed each other goodnight. I watched him drive away and then I went into my dorm and laid in my bed. I sighed aloud.
"What has gotten into you?" asked Madge.
" What do you mean?" I questioned.
" I mean you come in here acting all happy and just like you're on top of the world. What is going on?" She asked with a knowing smile.
"Nothing is going on. I just went to lunch with Peeta that is all." I reply wiling smiling.
"Sure that is all." Madge teases.
I smile and take out my phone and put it on the charger. I then put my hair in a bun atop my head and decided to take a shower. After my shower I brushed my teeth, put on my pajamas, and climbed into bed. Just as I was going to close my eyes I got a text from someone.
Who in the world twould text me on a school night? I check and see the text is from Peeta of course.

Hey Kat
Hey Peeta
Will you meet me by 7 at the beach tomorrow?
Yeah sure. Why?
It's a surprise.
Ugh! I hate surprises. But okay.
Haha goodnight Kat
Nighty Night Peeta.

Then I went to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up and late I quickly put on some clothes and ate a banana. I grabbed my keys and dashed out the door.
I drove as fast as I could to get to the beach. I park and run to get to Peeta.
"I'm so sorry. I woke up late and yeah." I apologize
"Kat it's okay. I just glad you still came. I thought you had forgot about me." He shrugged.
"I'd never forget about you." I said while kissing him on the cheek.
"Same here." He said.
"What's the surprise?" I ask.
"Oh right. Katniss will you go a date with me?"