Chapter 2: Hello New Life!

Katniss P.O.V

The plane finally arrives in New

York.

"We're finally here." Madge says excitedly.

"I know, it's been my dream to come here since I was a little girl." I say while adimiring the beautiful city.

"Taxi!" Madge yells after whistling.

The driver pulls the taxi near us.

"I've always wanted to do that!" Madge whispers. I laugh.

We put our suitcases in the trunk and climb into the backseat of the taxi.

"Driver, please take us to Brooklyn University." I say.

"You ladies going to college?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's our first year." Madge says excitedly.

"Well you better stick to it or you'll end up like me, a taxi driver. I'd rather be going out having fun with loads ofoney and a nice girl, instead Im driving people all over town for a very minimal amout of cash. I live in apartments, no wife or kids. If I could I'd redo it all and make better choices." He says. He sounds just like my mom with his lecture. I just came here to get my education and have a successful career in helping others.

We drive for about twenty-five minutes more before we pull up at the campus.

"Katniss, it's beautiful." Madge exclaims.

I stare in awe at the building.

"Thankyou so much.....?" I say. I don't think he mentioned his name.

"Haymitch Abernathy." He says.

"Thankyou so much Haymitch." I say

"Yeah well, stay in school sweetheart." He says. Ugh! He called me sweetheart. I hate petnames.

"Katniss actually." I tell him as I pay him.

Madge and I walk inside the building and go to the front desk to ask for information on dorms and classes.

"Why good morning ladies. What can I do for you?" A overly dressed woman with huge hair says.

"We were wondering about dorms and classes." I say.

"Did you talk to the principal about renting a dorm?" And asks.

"Yes, we were just wondering where you get the key and schedule." I say.

"From me dear. Names please?" She asks.

"Katniss Everdeen and Madge Undersee." I tell her. She searches for our names.

"Here you are." Share says handing us out key and schedules.

"Classes start Monday." She says.

"Thank you." We say.

"No trouble dears and if either of you need anything ask for me Effie Trinket." She says. We walk away and go to our dorm. It's huge. There are two canopy beds A bathroom with shower an  bath tub then a half one with just a shower and of course they both have a toilet, sink, and mirror. There is a kitchen, dining room and a rec room. There a flat screen T.V. , popcorn maker, snow cone machine, ping pong table, pool table, and a hockey table. Yes! I love pool. Hello new life! I think.
-------------------------------------------------------------Well there you have it another chapter I'll update tomorrow ladies and gentlemen. Tell me what you think and vote.
-Liyah