Chapter 7: All This Time

Katniss P.O.V.
I am speechless he loves me? Wow! All this time Im sitting here thinking that he'll never like me. Turns out he loves me. Then I realize I've been just standing here all this time without saying anything to him. He waves his hand in my face "Earth to Katniss?" He says. "Katniss I'm not asking you to love......." He starts but I cut him off.
" ButI do love you more than you could ever know I always have." i say seriously while looking straight into his beautiful ocean blue eyes.
"You do?" He asks surprised.
"Of course I do. You're funny, smart, kind, sweet, and caring. You're everything i've been looking for in a guy. You make me feel happy and loved. No one else makes me feel the way you do Peeta." I say.
" Katniss you mean the world to me. You're my bestfriend and the love of my life.I've always wanted to tell you this but I've never known how." He says.
"Peeta it's okay you've told me now." I say.
"Katniss I......" He starts but I interrupt him by leaning in He leans forward and our heads bump.
" Katniss I'm so sorry."He apologizes.
"It's okay Peeta let's go get lunch." I say while taking his hand.
We're walkng to lunch hand in hand when I'm yanked back by Peeta's ex-girlfriend Delly.
"What are you doing with my boyfriend Everdeen?!" She yells.
"Delly I'm not your boyfriend and me and katniss are getting lunch together." Peeta says while grabbing my hand again.
" You'll be sorry Everdeen that you ever messed with me." Delly threatens.
" I'm not afraid of you." I reply.
"You should be." Delly says before walking away.

What is her problem? I've never done anything to her. Ugh!
Peeta takes me to his car and we drive to the beach and sit in the sand and watch the ocean waves.
"I'll be right back.'' Peeta says
He leaves and comes back a minute later with two funnel cakes and two pepsi's. He hands me some and we sit there and talk about life while we were apart.We joked and laughed all night. Then we layed down on the sand and watched the sunset. Peeta turns to me.
"Katniss will you be my girlfriend?" He asks while looking deep into my eyes.
" Of course I'll be your girlfriend Peeta. I've been waiting all this time."I say happily lokking into his mesmerizing eyes.
In that he leans in and so do I and we share our very first kiss as a couple.