Chapter 5: Apology

Katniss P.O.V.

Why did he have to try and kiss me? I told him before that this wasn't a date. We could've been great friends. We even liked the same things. Ugh! Now everything will just be awkward between us.

Cato P.O.V.

I really like Katniss, but after last night I just think she's mental. What's so wrong eith a good night kiss? I decide to confide in Peeta. He knows her best.

Peeta P.O.V

Ding-dong

"I'll get it!" I shout. I race downstairs and open the door to see Cato.

"Hey dude." I say.

"Hey, can I come in." He asks.

" Sure." I open the door wider to let him in. He sits on the couch and I sit across from him.

"What's up?" I question.

Hs explains about him and Katniss's "date". The whole time he's explaining I'm just boiling with anger but I try not to show it.

"Dude, she is not that type of girl. She doesn't know you well. She just panicked. She'd never hurt you on purpose unless you were trying to hurt her potentially." I explain to him.

"So what should I do?" He asks.

"Apologize to her." I suggest.

"Thanks man you're the best." He says before running out. Why does he have to like her? More importantly will she like him back?
Cato P.O.V.

I knock on Katniss's door and wait for her to answer. The door opens and when she sees me she quickly tries to close it but I'm quicker.

"Katniss, please just here me out?" I beg.

"Okay, I'm listening." She says while crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't have tried to kiss you so soon. I mean you barely know me. I just really like you." I explain.

"Cato I forgive you, but I'm not looking for a relationship with anyone yet. I don't like you that way." She says.