Chapter 4: I Missed You.

Katniss P.O.V.

"Oh my goodness, Peeta!" I yell while running qnd jumping in his arms. He catches me and spins me around while laughing.

"I've missed you so much Katniss." He says.

"I've missed you too, Peeta." I say while looking into his beautiful, mesmerizing ocean blue eyes. He starts to lean in when....

"Peeta! What's going on? Who is she?" A girl screams looking incredibly disgusted with me. I don't even know her. What did I do? Peeta places me on my feet and says, "Delly, this is Katniss, my bestfriend from Kentucky."

I smile when he says bestfriend but on the inside I always thought we had more. Did that kiss we shared when I left mean nothing to him?

"Oh well hi Katniss, I'm Delly, Peeta's girlfriend." She says. That one hurt. Like a lot but I try not to let it register on my face.

"Nice to meet you." I say as politely as I can.

"So you're from Kentucky? You must eat a lot of barbeque." She says while laughing. I blush. She's just like everyone else always trying to bring me down.

I laugh too. "You could say that."

She looks dumbstruck once I say it but I pretend not to notice.

"Well Peeta and I have to go now everyone." She announces while pulling him away.

"Wait, I just got my bestfriend back, I eant to spend some time with her." He says while looking into my eyes.

"But we've had these renovations for months we can't just not go." Delly whines.

"It's okay, you guys go have fun. I'll be here when you get back. I'm not going anywhere. We can hang tomorrow." I say to him.

"You promise." He says coming up to me and taking my hand.

"Always." I say what he used to say to me when I asked him to stay with me. He embraces me tightly and runs off with Delly.

"Wow, what was that all about?" Johanna asks.

"Nothing we're just bestfriends. We were in Kentucky too." I say innocently.

"Do you like Peeta?" Finnick asks.

"No, he has a girlfriend." I say unconvincingly. I know it's partly the truth I don't like him I love him.

"Sure you don't." Gale says while winking.

"Well if you don't, he sure does love you. All he did when we met him was talk about someone naned Katniss." Johanna says sarcastically.

"He did not. You're making that up. He's in love with Delly." I say unsure.

"Are you that brainless? I'm going to start calling you that." Johanna

"Katniss, Peeta isn't even into Delly. He hates her." Finnick says.

"Then why is he dating her?" I ask.

"To get over you obviously." Johanna says sarcastically.

Could thisbe true? Does Peeta love me? But then why wouldn't he just tell me? I need to think about this later. I mean I'm in New York for goodness sake!

"Shopping anyone?" Glimmer asks.

"I'm in." I say really appreciating the distraction from this.

We all hop into Finnick's car and drive to the mall.

We go in and my jaw drops. This mall is huge bigger than ny I've ever seen in Kentucky. We go to Forever 21, Aeropostale, Victoria's Secret, Hot Topic, H&M, Bath and Body Works, Claire's, and Game Stop. Why Game Stop? I'm obsessed with video games!

After I'm loaded with shopping bags we stop at the food court to get a bite to eat.

I order the loaded chili cheese fries and a large sprite. Everyone else orders and we sit down to eat. We talk about a bunvh of random stuff and I get up ti throw my trash away. Cato gets up when I do.

"Hey Katniss." He says.

"Hey." I say.

He looks really nervous about something. I hope he's not into me. I don't like him that way.

"Would you like to hang out with me sometime?"

"Sure. What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"Do you want to go to the arcade, Friday? I noticed you play video games." He says.

"Yeah, but it's not a date." I say.

"Okay." He says.
---------------------Friday---------------------------

"Hey Katniss. Ready to go?" Cato says.

"Yeah, let's go." I say.

We get into his car and drive to the arcade. I can't believe it bit I'm actually having a great time with Cato. He's not a typical guy that says he let me win when I beat him like five times in a row. After he takes me to grab McDonald's and he drives me home.

" I had a really good time tonight." He says.

"Me too." I say.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow." He says.

"Bye." I say and give him a hug. When we pull away he begins to lean in. I panic and punch him in the nose.

" Oh my goodness Cato, I'm so sorry." I try to apologize.

"What did I do to you?!" He shouts.

I close the door in his face and slide down. What just happened?