Eric

Harmonie in the mm.❤️👸🏽

----

Mirakle.

"Dinner was delicious auntie" I said wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Yeaah ma, dinner was bomb!" Harms agreed.

"Thanks babies, well I'm gonna go get ready for my shift." She said getting up.

"Okay" we both said

"I hate that she works at night." Harms said putting the dishes in the sink. "It's rough around here and I would hate to bust a cap in a nigga ass over my mother."

"Girl you wouldn't hurt a damn fly." I smirked.

"Hmm, a lot has changed Mira." She said shaking her head walking away to her room.

"What was that about?" I thought to myself. I decided to ask her about it later because I was tired as fuck. As I plopped on the bed, I thought about how my life would be here in Cali as I drifted off to sleep.

---
Next Morning

   I woke up around 11 and got up to do my daily routine. I walked over to my dresser and saw a note from auntie.

Good morning baby, I hope you're all settled. Harmonie already left out for work, as did I. You start work at the daycare on Monday *Its Friday* so you're free. Try doing some exploring, but don't stray too far. Seriously. We'll see you later.
                -Love Auntie

"Okay, what am I doing today?" I thought out loud. As auntie and I drove here, I noticed a park down the street. So that's where I'm going. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I walked over to my closet and pulled out some black leggings, a white long tee, and slipped on my He Got Game 13s. I brushed through my hair, leaving it in its wavy state and placed my Cali hat on.

I walked outside and slipped on my shades. It was hot as satan's toenails out this bih. I finally took in the scenery of the neighborhood and it was calm, for now. Children played hopscotch and pattycake on the sidewalk. Some of the neighbors smiled at me and I waved back.

I spent an hour and a half at the park, like the big ass kid that I am. As I left the park and made my way to the liquor store a couple minutes from there, I saw a mint green Impala pull into the parking lot. I didn't really pay it any mind and kept walking towards the store. As I went to open the door, a hand stopped me.

"Lemme get that for ya." He said

"Thanks." I smiled in his direction and walked in.

"Damn." I heard him mutter.

I walked down the aisles of the store in search of my favorite snacks. "Jackpot". I thought. I picked up a couple bags of Cheetos and two slim jims. I then walked to the back, where the sodas were and grabbed two bottles of coke. I didn't really think out the whole two arms and carrying a bunch of snacks ordeal but I managed to get to the counter.

"Is that all." The cashier asked uninterested.

"Yes, please." I retorted

I waited for him to give me my total but he never spoke up.

"What's the total?" I asked irritated.

He just pointed at the screen.

"You know what you can keep this shit." I started to walk off, breaking my own heart a little. I really wanted that stuff.

"Naaah, man really?" I heard someone say.

I turned around to see the dude from the door confronting the cashier and walked up to stop him.

"It's fine, really. He obviously doesn't want my business so fuck it." I said.

"Naah cuz all you asked for was the total and he wanna act like ah ass." He responded, reaching for something.

"Oh no, it's free. Take it!" The cashier exclaimed.

So I took my shit and walked out, with the unknown dude behind me.

"Hey wait up ma!" I heard him yell.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"I'm Eric." He smiled, the most handsomest smile I've seen in a looong while.

"Mirakle" I responded, shaking his hand, trying not to drop my shit.

"Lemme get that" He said, taking the bag out my hand.

"Oh you don't have to." I replied, reaching for it back.

"Naah, I got it." He smirked. "You from around here?"

"Naah, I just moved over here from Houston." I said.

"Ohh, I knew I heard some typa accent." He laughed and my body automatically reacted. "You live far?"

"Just around the corner."

"Well I can give ya a ride if you like." He smiled.

"I don't know about getting in the car with strange men." I side eyed him.

"Well technically we're not strangers anymore baby." He smirked again.

"Hmm, but I still don't know you so.." I stubbornly said.

Lord knows I wanted to, it was hot out here. In more ways than one...