C H A P T E R 5

random quote on top (:

-------------

Ten minutes later, when he pulled up with a cheeky smile I just glared at him.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I snap.

"Little miss I hate Chase needed my help! How great is this?!" He says with his same adorable smile.

"I don't hate you" I mumble. Truth is, I really didn't hate him, I liked him a lot. He was a good friend.

"Wow, were making progress here. So why did you even need a ride?" He asked.

"Um..Well..Mary was unable to give me a drive."

"Rawr!" He said in a voice I rather not even put my finger on.

"Oh, shut up. What have you been doing?"

"Your mom has been teaching me how to make those grape leaves. I took a break to come pick you up"

My eyes bulged.

"You're hanging out with my mother?!"

"And grandma. She's a saint." He answered.

"Ugh, Chase!"

"So are you ready to tell me why Mary couldn't give you a drive? I mean, seriously. I was having a blast with your folks."

"We got into an argument" I slowly reply leaning back in my seat.

"About?" He pries. 

"She has this boyfriend named Sean..He's really mean to me secretly and she doesn't believe it when I tell her so today she accused me of being jealous that my religion can't date and I'll never have a relationship like her and Sean. Then she said I wanted to him , like how disgusting?!" I rant,anger bursting inside of me.

"No offense, but that's fucking stupid."

I look at him, as if glancing to ask him to continue.

"What does this dick even say to you?"

"He calls me a 'stupid Muslim' and says I look ugly and fat and even my maxi dresses can't cover my ugly flabby ass apparently." I continue, I see his jaw tighten and his fists clench.

"Where does he live?!" He asks through clenched teeth.

"No, No. Trust me I don't care! Don't get yourself in trouble for me"

He pulls over to a parking lot, before pulling out his phone. After a few minutes of texting he begins to drive again. Now I'm really curious as to what's happening.

We stop in front of a house I don't know.

Oh, shitaki mushrooms... I think this is Sean's house.

"Chase! Don't do anything" I warn as he walks to the front door and rings the door bell, I stand a few feet behind.

A minute later, Sean opens the door and before I know it, Chases fist collides with Sean's face making him topple over.

"The fuck dude! What the hell was that for?!" Sean asks holding onto his jaw.

"If you ever mess with Sara again, consider yourself dead" Chase yells before punching him again.

Hey, I'm not complaining.

After that blow, Chase turns around and smiles at me before heading back into the car.

"Why did you do that for?!' I ask with more happiness in my voice then I intended for.

"If any other guy messes with you, just tell me"

I swoon.

"Where did you learn to punch like that?" I ask as we begin driving again

"Well..I'm a boxer" He informed me.

"Oh, so you are a little bad, aye?" I ask teasingly.

He snorts, "I don't smoke, that's suicide in the long run. I don't do motor cycles."

"Do you skip classes?"

"Occasionally."

"Do you drink?"

"Occasionally.."

"Oh." I simply respond, disappointed in him even though I had no right to be.

"Are you going out with Bimbo?" I suddenly ask, surprising myself.

"Why? Would you be jealous ?" He teases.

"No!" I cross my arms defensively.

--------------

I woke up early on a Monday morning. I hate Mondays so much.

Me being my lazy self decided to just slip on an abaya and a floral print scarf, topping it off with my flats.

The second I walked into the noisy school halls Mary walked up to me with a sorry face.

"I'm so so so sorry, I didn't mean anything I said. You're right, Sean is a jerk and I should've known!"

I shift my weight onto my other foot.

"He dumped you, didnt he?"

Her eyes filled with tears and she began sobbing.

"Yeeeeesss! He texted me yesterday saying were over and that he never liked me! This morning I didn't know what to do so I kicked his balls and now I'm just broken hearted and I just don't know how to live anymore because guys are jerks and I just DONT KNOW!" She sobbed before falling into my arms.

"Now you see why muslims dont date? This is what dating is, why be with someone just for fun? We should be with the one we'll love forever." I tell her. She pulls away and wipes her eyes before giving me a sad smile.

"I have to get to class" She told me, sniffing before walking away.

"Hello, Sara-h" I heard a girly voice from behind, I turned around and instantly my blood boils.

"Its Sara," I correct, glaring daggers as the disgusting Sean beside her, arm around her waist.

"I could hardly tell who you are in that black thing." She says in an insulting voice.

"Well I can tell a little too much from your little skirt thing." I muttered in response.

Sean walks foward, locking me in his nasty presence.

"Dont touch me," I warn, suddenly i smile at the large bruise on his eye.

"Or what? Is Allah going to help you?" He said before laughing.

"I sure help He helps you." I snort. He moves closer to me,

"Move away." I warn.

"Im fine right here" He replied before pushing me by my shoulder against the wall.

"Im giving you five seconds to move the hell away from me." I warn. He probably doesnt know what Im capable of.

"One..Two...Three...Four"And before I can get to five I lift my knee to kick him where it hurts. He screams and toppled over, I smile at my work.