Chapter 1!

Special thanks to daydreamer1977 for helping me kinda edit this :) thanks a lot^^

Chapter 1

 “Oh my God! Look at her,” I hear them mumble. “She’s stuck like glue to Derek. Has the girl not shame?”

The two girls giggle, and their eyes find mine staring right back at them. To me what they said did not bother me, not anymore. Their words were just noise, like screeching cars.

I rolled my eyes, here we go again. How many times had I heard this? Let me think, once or twice, or so many times I switched off. To tell the truth, I was not the one stuck to Derek, he was always at my side. Much to my enjoyment of having a constant companion (note the sarcasm). It was not my fault he was a like the hottest guy in school. We’d been friends since we were kids, and I never saw him like the other girls did.

Plus I had to wear a stupid disguise, why I hear you ask? It was my parent’s idea.

It happened four years ago when I was just twelve years old. The scene flashed before my eyes, returning me back to that day.

“Eve, wake up, for goodness sake. Or do you plan on sleeping forever, literally.”

I open my eyes; scan the clock sat on the bedside cabinet. It reads three o’clock. Far too early to awoken. “What the hell is wrong with you, Dad? It’s the middle of the night,” I state.

“Don’t make me ask you twice, just get up, and hurry, make your way downstairs.” I hear his voice wavour and do as I am asked, not stopping to grab my green dressing gown. The night air bit at my arms. Causing tiny pimples to appear, I shiver as I reach the bottom step. My mother entered the hallway, her hair plastered to her face. Her usual smile gone, instead her eyes were wide and her mouth taunt. Something was wrong. Even in the middle of the night my mum would fix her hair, but she hadn’t. I was freaked out. She pulled me close to her. I could feel her body trembling against my bare skin. "

“Eve, listen closely and don’t question me. Listen and follow everything I am about to tell you.” I nod, tears welling behind my eyes, a single tear trickled down my pale cheek.

“Okay, the truth is your father is an elf.”

Had I heard right, an elf. I let out a small chuckle.

“Eve, this is serious, I am human, and we are being hunted."

 “Why?” I ask, allowing the news to sink in. “In a nut shell, we did something forbidden in the realm of the elf.”

“Let me get this right, I am a half breed.”

“No more questions, take this, wear it, and never ever take it off.”

I opened my mouth to speak again, but choose to remain silent.

“The necklace will keep your true identity hidden. Your father has placed a spell on the necklace. Unless you want someone to know the truth, but I suggest you keep the truth to yourself.”

Taking a deep breath I took all the information given to me and tried hard to digest it. My stomach churned and I felt physically sick. Something was going happen, something bad. Seconds past and heavy footsteps descending the stairs, my father ran towards us, and told us to run. My legs moved before I could tell them to move. We ran out the house and into the street.

“Run to Derek’s, and don’t stop, no matter what,” she instructed. I ran and ran, as fast as my feet could move. Turning the corner, I heard loud banging. I stopped running, that sounded like gunshots. I turn, and see my mother fall to the ground, my father already down. My mother’s dying words were,

“Eve, run, run…..r..u..n…”

I don’t listen, I’m not a good girl and can’t help but feel the need to run to them. ** "

 “Eve, will you listen, just for once,” a voice barks, bring me back to the present.

“Oh, were you looking for me?” I ask.

“God damn it, Eve. I have only been trying to talk to you for the past ten minutes.”

“Really, sorry, I was thinking….” I pause. “Never mind.”

“I kinda figured that out, thanks.” I gave him a blank look, and my thoughts wondered once again, as he began to talk about Valentine’s Day.