2: P-P-Party?

This morning was nothing but quiet. My mom was fast asleep and I was wandering around the house looking for bread because the bread was not in the kitchen for some reason.

It's still dark outside because it's daylight savings. I hated those times because they mess with my sleep. One day it will be dark in the morning, which is perfect to sleep in, but then the next day will be light and happy which makes me wake up earlier.

I finally found the pack of bread (which was in the bathroom) and stuck it in the heating pan to make toast. I checked the time as I got my bag ready. 6:00. The bus gets to the stop at 6:15.Today I wore a simple outfit. It's a lazy day. Which was probably everyday. But today, I wore sweats that were negligiblely big and a graphic t-shirt, and of course my favorite converse. My hair was in a messy bun and my face just had eye liner and lip gloss.

I munch on my toast, checking the time again.

"Sshhh-" I began to say but then stop myself as I run outside, trying to get to the bus stop as fast as I can. The stop was at least 10 blocks down, but knowing my lack of excercise and how slow I was running, I would never make it. So, I slowed down, deciding I'd just walk to school.

As I walked, loud booming music was heard traveling behind me. I turned around, noticing that of course Grayson Jones, was riding in style to school. He zoomed past me, not acknowledging my existence. As usual.

I get to school-noticing that my friends Kelly and Jenn, standing there- actually waiting for me. I paced towards them, aflamed that they lingered for me.

"Hey guys," I bounced.

"Oh hey Breezley," Jenn had said, popping her gum in her mouth.

"Uh its Presely," I corrected.

"Whatever," Jenn rolled her eyes. "Anyway! We've got exciting news!" The fact that theres exciting news, was exciting news! They never tell me anything! And they hardly even remember my name.

"We're inviting you to a party!" Says Kelly. My mouth went big, probably going to catch a fly, and my eyes were so wide that they'd get parched.

"A-a party? Me?" I stuttered.

"Yes! Tonight!" Jenn said. We started to walk inside the building. I stood between them, feeling short for my 5'6 length. They're both 5'11. But I guess because they wore heels.

"Wait," I process. "Tonight? I dont know, tonight is a school night. And I have an exam tomorrow that I need to study for-"

"Forget that shit!" Kelly exclaimed. "We're young! We dont need any exams to ruin our fun! Now are you going or not? This could make you popular!" I pondered it. Popular eh? Yet, I didnt fit in well with them. Me, well I was a cheesey romantic type of gal who loved to paint and listen to music. I hated things like sex. You should always loose it to the person you truely love! Not some guy who made you drunk! Or a freakshow rapist! I was content on my own, doing things my way. But being popular wasnt bad either. It was like a life or death question.

"Mm..." I thought out loud. "Ok."

"Good!" They say eagerly.

"Wear something cute," says Jenn. "Its a party, not a geek convention."

"Im not even into that stuff." I say quietly.

"Mhm, sure," Kelly rolled her eyes and peirced her lips.

"Uhm whos all going?" I ask, chewing on my bottom lip. This was starting to give me anxiety. I've never been to a party but a slumber party. And I've never been to something that has sex, drinks, kissing, partying, dancing, etc. I was nevermore involved in any of that stuff.