9: Taking Awhile of Getting Used To

Grayson and I walk in the cool breeze back home from the bus. Today has been by far the best day ever. He inches his hands in to mine and I instantly felt warm. I pull back fast. It was going to take a while getting used to. He looks at me confused so I place my hand back into his.

"Sorry about Leane by the way," he says, smiling like he's embarrassed.

"It's ok, she had to come out of her shell some time," I laugh shyly to myself.

He chuckled slightly, "Yeah." He starts swinging our hands back and forth. "So do you want to meet my little sister later?" He asks. I didn't know what to say to that. He told me about his sister on the bus ride home. She sounded adorable. It was so cute how he was protective about her, but I felt like it may be too early for me to meet her. I mean, I basically just met Grayson!

I found myself saying yes anyway I then added a smile.

"Cool." We finally stopped in front of my house. I walked up the first step then turned around to face him to where I was taller than him. It felt good to be tall. He laughs then holds my waist and reaches up to kiss me. I ring my arms around his neck and kiss him back. We stayed like this for at least 30 seconds until he pulls back.

"I'll see you later," he winks. I wipe the spit off the corner if my mouth and walk inside my house. I shut the door then slide down on it. I must have had whiplash. No, still having whiplash. I could never get used to his lips, his touch...

"Pres?" My mom comes around the corner. "Are you ok?" I snap out of my daydreams then stand up.

"Uh. Yeah! Yeah! Uh...I'm fine," I climb up the stairs and close my room door shut. I ran to the window to see if he was still outside. Nothing. My face turned upset. I was looking for him.

My mom opens the door. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes mom! Get out please!" I yell. I was feeling half hearted. I missed him already. My boyfriend. I shivered at that word. I still need to adjust to that word. To everything actually. He's my first-ever boyfriend. He was my first- ever kiss. And he is the first -ever to like me for who I am. I don't know how to have a boyfriend. What am I supposed to do? Do I just treat him like a regular boy? But how do I treat a regular boy?

"Ughhh," I grunt out loud. My phone buzzes. "Yes?".

"Is it true?!" Says Jenn on the other line.

"Is what true?" I ask, confused.

"You and Grayson!"

I instantly became happy again. "Yes!" Jenn starts squealing. I pull the phone back away from my ears and giggle to myself.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Are you serious? You guys are so cute together!" She screams.

"Jennifer! Stop screaming!" Her mom yells.

"Well I have to talk to you later, he's coming over I think," I tell her.

"Ok! See you later girl!" She hangs up and I toss my phone on to the bed. My phone buzzed again. It was a message this time. And my heart jumped at who it was.

Grayson: Hey meet me at the park. I smiled big at his text

then typed: Kk

I look in the mirror-am I supposed to where this? A oversized sweater, sweatpants and boots?

"Ughh!" I grunt again. I paced to my closet and picked out a pink sweater, jeans, and boots. This is cute right? Ugh, who cares I have to leave. I skipped down the staires and ran out the door before my mom could stop me. As soon as I went outside, a crisp cool breeze chilled my whole body. I hug my clothes tighter to myself. Man it was getting colder outside!

I was almost to the park, I could hear his little sister giggling.

"Grayson look!" She says, pointing at me around the corner. Grayson peered around the corner and a smile with all teeth appeared on his face. I reflected the same thing.

"Hey!" He says. His hand went up to his hair and he started to ruffle it. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he simultaneously enveloped me in a warm hug. My eyes were shut as I buried my head in his chest. He shot me hot electricity. I felt warmer now. He released and we went to the bench.

"Hi Presely! Im Jasmine!" She brings out her tiny hand so I could shake it. I giggled at the tiny hand then shook it.

"Hi Jasmine." She smiled then runs off on to the playground.

"Jasmine loves coming here," he says to me.

"I wish I had some place I could run away to as a child," I say.

"You could run to me..." I could feel my cheeks flush. This was our first day being a couple and it feels like an eternity. I know I could get used to him quickly, I already was.

"Tell me about Jasmine," I smile.

"She doesn't have much friends. After my mom died, she just relys on me. There's no one else she could trust. Not even her dad. I wouldn't blame her, he's never here. Neither is my step-mom." It was kind of weird to know this stuff about him and his sister. It was sad too. I grabbed his hand and kissed it. He smiles slightly then continues. "But I'm trying to do everything I could with her before I go off to college. I can't...I can't imagine leaving her." Grayson sniffles then wipes his nose.

"Grayson can I have my snack?" Jasmine asks. She was very jumpy and so was her hair. I chuckled.

"Sure, Squirt!" He brings out a sandwhich and gives it to her. She grabs the sandwhich then sits beside me.

"What are you two talking about?" She asks while taking a bite of her food.

"We were talking about school," I say, winking at Grayson.

"That's boring! We should talk about the Aquarium!"

"Oh yeah? Do you like the Aquarium?"

"Very! It's better than school!"

"Then maybe Grayson and I should take you this weekend," I tell her.

Grayson smiles. "Yeah! That'll be fun," he says.

"Really?! Yay!" She places her sandwhich down and starts playing on the slide again.

"It's a date," Grayson smirks.

~~
Author's Note

edited 28/12/2014

∾Interested in this story? Check out Macfeline's other stories like Just 8 Steps, Lovely Hearts, and a new story: Addict